The Student Room Group

A level cold war history exam 2023 predictions

What are your guys predictions for the history exam coming up? My teacher said the most likely topics are:
- Peaceful coexistence
- Second cold War
- Detente
- Sino-Soviet relations
- Korean war
- Eisenhower Cold war Policy
- Berlin Crisis
But I wanted to hear your guys opinions on this because im not sure that I trust that fully. Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by ethersea
What are your guys predictions for the history exam coming up? My teacher said the most likely topics are:
- Peaceful coexistence
- Second cold War
- Detente
- Sino-Soviet relations
- Korean war
- Eisenhower Cold war Policy
- Berlin Crisis
But I wanted to hear your guys opinions on this because im not sure that I trust that fully. Thanks!

honestly pretty much the same but also africa? Im terrified for this paper, have no hope left no matter what the topics are haha
Reply 2
what was on last years cold war paper? they wouldn't repeat from the last 2/3 years so im looking at those and revising those topics less
Reply 3
Original post by BrentD2004
what was on last years cold war paper? they wouldn't repeat from the last 2/3 years so im looking at those and revising those topics less

If you do AQA, these were the questions form last year.

With reference to these sources and your understanding of the historical context, assess the value of these three sources to an historian studying the relationship between the US and South Vietnam in the years c1960-1962

American involvement in Europe, in the years 1945 to 1949, was primarily driven by the desire to advance US economic interests. Assess the validity of this view.

How far do ideological differences between the USSR and China explain the worsening relations that developed between the countries in the years 1963 to 1972?

To what extent, in the years 1972 to 1979 was there a significant reduction in tensions between the superpowers?
Reply 4
Original post by cirubinny
If you do AQA, these were the questions form last year.

With reference to these sources and your understanding of the historical context, assess the value of these three sources to an historian studying the relationship between the US and South Vietnam in the years c1960-1962

American involvement in Europe, in the years 1945 to 1949, was primarily driven by the desire to advance US economic interests. Assess the validity of this view.

How far do ideological differences between the USSR and China explain the worsening relations that developed between the countries in the years 1963 to 1972?

To what extent, in the years 1972 to 1979 was there a significant reduction in tensions between the superpowers?

Thanks so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending