The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE History Paper 2 (1HI0 2A-2W) - 7th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your Edexcel GCSE History paper 2 exam go today?

Edexcel GCSE History Paper 2 (1HI0 2A-2W) - 7th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 7th June 2023 - Afternoon
Length: 1 hour 45 mins

Resources:
Exam board website - https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-gcses/history-2016.html
Congratulations on finishing your exam!
(edited 10 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

This thread is for the British depth study & Period study unit, including any of the following :

B1: Anglo-Saxon and Norman England, c1060–88
B2: The reigns of King Richard I and King John, 1189–1216
B3: Henry VIII and his ministers, 1509–40
B4: Early Elizabethan England, 1558–88.

P1: Spain and the ‘New World’, c1490–c1555
P2: British America, 1713–83: empire and revolution
P3: The American West, c1835–c1895
P4: Superpower relations and the Cold War, 1941–91
P5: Conflict in the Middle East, 1945–95.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
any predicted questions for this year? hard to find resources online.
Original post by 04MR17
This thread is for the British depth study & Period study unit, including any of the following :

B1: Anglo-Saxon and Norman England, c1060–88
B2: The reigns of King Richard I and King John, 1189–1216
B3: Henry VIII and his ministers, 1509–40
B4: Early Elizabethan England, 1558–88.

P1: Spain and the ‘New World’, c1490–c1555
P2: British America, 1713–83: empire and revolution
P3: The American West, c1835–c1895
P4: Superpower relations and the Cold War, 1941–91
P5: Conflict in the Middle East, 1945–95.

i d B1: ASNE and P4: Cold War. anyone else?
any predictions for anglo saxsons/normans??
Reply 5
any predictions for john+richard and american west ??
Reply 6
my combo is eee/ cold war - any predictions? for eee i think that trade + the new world are likely to come up as they havent been done, and for cold war possibly the berlin airlift and the second cold war?
Original post by artem1s
my combo is eee/ cold war - any predictions? for eee i think that trade + the new world are likely to come up as they havent been done, and for cold war possibly the berlin airlift and the second cold war?

If the Berlin airlift is a narrative question it's basically free marks
Reply 8
I also do Early Elizabethan England and Cold War. I have a feeling for Cold War, it's going to be something about one of the doctrines. In Crime and Punishment paper they picked such a minor detail for the the Whitechapel 4 marker so I wouldn't be surprised if they'd pick other minor topics like the Sinatra Doctrine or something (perhaps linking to Gorbachev? and consequences)
Reply 9
does anybody have any Spain and the new world/early Elizabethan England predictions? I feel like Elizabeth will be KT3 (education, leisure,poverty and exploration) but literally nobody does Spain and the new world lol
Reply 10
Any predictions for Early Elizabethan England or Cold War?
Reply 11
leaving the exam hall if anything to do with norman feudal system or domesday book comes up as a 12 or 16 marker
Original post by mrsodie
leaving the exam hall if anything to do with norman feudal system or domesday book comes up as a 12 or 16 marker

lmao same
Reply 13
Anyone do WW1 and Middle East?
any cold war and asne predictions?
Reply 15
i havent revised at all but i normally get at around 7/8s in my mini mocks? i find it really hard to find motivation to revise, anyone got any unique ways of revising?? please i would really appreciate it. thank you!!
Reply 16
Original post by karuniya12
i havent revised at all but i normally get at around 7/8s in my mini mocks? i find it really hard to find motivation to revise, anyone got any unique ways of revising?? please i would really appreciate it. thank you!!

idk if you do cold war but I've been doing a literal essay plan for every topic. So a narrative, consequence and importance one, on flashcards.
Reply 17
Original post by acolourfulhuman

me
Reply 18
i do what you do, but it so true - no one does it. i have a feeling the narrative is gonna be Pizarro and one of the 16s for eee on education or leisure; the other on Raleigh or the Armada
Reply 19
Original post by acolourfulhuman

same

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending