The Student Room Group

Mathematics Grade Appeal

I recently achieved B in my Mathematics A Level with 190/300 marks across three papers. The Edexcel boundary for A is 196/300, whereas B is 158/300. Is this worth an appeal/remark? It seems unlikely that I would lose enough marks to drop a grade, and it might be possible to gain six marks across three papers. Just looking for thoughts/advice.
Original post by tom1752
I recently achieved B in my Mathematics A Level with 190/300 marks across three papers. The Edexcel boundary for A is 196/300, whereas B is 158/300. Is this worth an appeal/remark? It seems unlikely that I would lose enough marks to drop a grade, and it might be possible to gain six marks across three papers. Just looking for thoughts/advice.

Request a copy of your scripts (this is free) and ask your school to go through them. Your teachers should be able to advise if a remark is advisable.
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
Request a copy of your scripts (this is free) and ask your school to go through them. Your teachers should be able to advise if a remark is advisable.

Thanks, how would I go about requesting a copy of my scripts?
Original post by tom1752
Thanks, how would I go about requesting a copy of my scripts?

For my school, you have to email your exam officer. Bear in mind there might be a fee involved to access the scripts. I have the mark schemes available if you want tot check it yourself.
Reply 4
Original post by foreverrocking2
For my school, you have to email your exam officer. Bear in mind there might be a fee involved to access the scripts. I have the mark schemes available if you want tot check it yourself.

I’ve checked the mark schemes so I know I would need to gain six marks to achieve A. Appealing for a remark might be worth the risk as it seems unlikely I would drop a grade and I’m willing to pay fees.
Original post by tom1752
I’ve checked the mark schemes so I know I would need to gain six marks to achieve A. Appealing for a remark might be worth the risk as it seems unlikely I would drop a grade and I’m willing to pay fees.

It is free to access scripts (although your school might charge a small admin fee). Your exam centre (school) needs to request them for you.

Quick Reply

Latest