The Student Room Group

What masters can I do with a degree in computer science??

I have just finished my degree in computer science and am expecting a 2.2 and I'm wondering what masters course I can do with this and where will accept me with a 2.2 or even a third??
Original post by cherlloydfan
I have just finished my degree in computer science and am expecting a 2.2 and I'm wondering what masters course I can do with this and where will accept me with a 2.2 or even a third??

A masters degree isn't something to be studied unless you have the motivation for a specific subject or even area, so m advice would be to do your own research - or if you want someone to help, at least say what your interests are, for example if you said you wanted to stay around CompSci then someone might recommend x course on cyber security...
Most of the top uni's will only accept a 2:1 or higher for their master's courses. All but the top 20-30 uni's are most likely to accept a 2:2 for an MSc course. I don't think a 3rd class is generally considered, there are exceptions to every rule of course, I just don't know of any off the top of my head.
Original post by cherlloydfan

As others gave mentioned there are uni's outside the top 30 that will take you. The better question is what subjects did you enjoy at undergrad? Or not enjoy? That might be a good place to start if you really want to do a Masters.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending