The Student Room Group

Hair Straightners

who knows whats the best kinda hair straightners 2 buy? mines r crap lol. I was gonna buy GHD but my m8s r tellin me they explode or sumit :confused: i dunno lol. an ad also like them 2 b cheaper thn £90. am guessin more girls'll no bout this so no cheeky comments from guys out there lol. :tongue: xx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
need_money
who knows whats the best kinda hair straightners 2 buy? mines r crap lol. I was gonna buy GHD but my m8s r tellin me they explode or sumit :confused: i dunno lol. an ad also like them 2 b cheaper thn £90. am guessin more girls'll no bout this so no cheeky comments from guys out there lol. :tongue: xx

cut it short and drink away the money :tongue:
had ghds for a yr, they havent exploded, they rule.
Reply 3
Hey, i'm sure there are some called hairtools, *i think* , my friend has some and they're really good....and i think they're about £60 which isn't so bad. Yes there were some dodgy GHD's out there..i remember someone saying they went weird, but GHD replaced them anyway :rolleyes:
need_money

ok nicky clark frizz control are the best and you can choose who hot you want it, its really goods and there only 30 pounds!

get them now!!!!!!!!! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 5
braders89
cut it short and drink away the money :tongue:

lol if only :rolleyes:
Reply 6
ohhh an another thing.....my hairs really thick. so straightners tht work well on thick hair would be great :smile:
Reply 7
need_money
ohhh an another thing.....my hairs really thick. so straightners tht work well on thick hair would be great :smile:

* Professional ceramic straighteners from Hairtools
* Variable heat, max temperature 190 degrees
* Anti static finishing, perfect for coarse/Afro hair
Most ceramic straighteners only reach temperatures of 160 degrees. This is why we recommend the Hairtools range - the choice of the professional stylist.

^^Hairtools - £49.50 lolol
Reply 8
gemma.....
Most ceramic straighteners only reach temperatures of 160 degrees. This is why we recommend the Hairtools range - the choice of the professional stylist.

ooooooohhhhh thnks :biggrin: gonna ad them 2 my list of straightners 2 consider....only got 3 so far lol but anyhoo :smile: :cool:
Reply 9
NOOO curls are the new straight! Waves are the best anyway :smile:
Reply 10
GHS Straighteners are the same as GHD's but only £30.
Reply 11
gemma.....

#

I have these ones and i have afro hair, they are great!
Reply 12
Futura ones r really good. My one was abt £50, was a bargain if you ask me!
My hair is kinda thick too and these work really well on thick hair!
Reply 13
GHD's rule. Seriously, it would be £90 well spent. At first I didnt want to spend that much so I got somecheaper ones but they took ages to straighten my hair so in the end I just got the GHDs! They are so great, I can get my hair perfectly straight in about two minutes. And they haven't exploded yet!
Reply 14
Sarky
#

I have these ones and i have afro hair, they are great!

:wink: , yeah, my friend has some and her hair always looks gorgeous :cool:
Reply 15
blissy
NOOO curls are the new straight! Waves are the best anyway :smile:

my hairs wavy but not wavy enuff an wen i try 2 scrunch it with mousse an tht it wont work so i have 2 stick with straight hair :frown: gutted!
Reply 16
I bought 'REMINGTON' about a week ago and i love it. It only cost me £34.99! :smile:

the max temp is 200
ready to use aftre 60 secs
ceramic and teflon coated plates
variable heat (depends how thick is ur hair)
and the cable is 3m long!!!the cable on my old one was kinda short and it was soooo annoying cos i only got one socket in my room and its miles away from my huge mirror.

BTW my old one was BaByliss and it was sooooo crap!!!

hope that helps:smile:
Reply 17
need_money
my hairs wavy but not wavy enuff an wen i try 2 scrunch it with mousse an tht it wont work so i have 2 stick with straight hair :frown: gutted!

same here...its neither curly nor straight! :mad:
Reply 18
angelx
I bought 'REMINGTON' about a week ago and i love it. It only cost me £34.99! :smile:

the max temp is 200
ready to use aftre 60 secs
ceramic and teflon coated plates
variable heat (depends how thick is ur hair)
and the cable is 3m long!!!the cable on my old one was kinda short and it was soooo annoying cos i only got one socket in my room and its miles away from my huge mirror.

BTW my old one was BaByliss and it was sooooo crap!!!

hope that helps:smile:

haha i think i have those 1's already :redface: r they the big thick 1's or the thin? if its the thick, there the 1's i have already an they dont work 2 well 4 me:frown: need sumthin betta. also, they've broke like 3 times an av had 2 get them replaced evrytime so not 2 happy bout tht either.
Reply 19
angelx
same here...its neither curly nor straight! :mad:

yeah its a bitch init. sumtimes i wish no1 had hair an then no1 would have 2 worry about how it looked all the time :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending