The Student Room Group

WJEC A2 English Literature Coursework book comparisons

Hi all, for my English Literature A2 Coursework this year I need to study and compare two novels from two different authors, with one published pre-2000, one from post-2000. I have thought about choosing The Catcher in the Rye or One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, but I haven't decided yet as I'm not sure which one I would have more to write about for. Once I've decided one of those to study (pre-2000), I need to find one to compare it with, but I'm unaware of what books published post-2000 would have similar themes or would be best to study alongside those books. I have to choose this week, so If anyone has any thoughts, ideas or advice it'll be really really appreciated!! :smile: thanks :smile:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by CallyJ
Hi all, for my English Literature A2 Coursework this year I need to study and compare two novels from two different authors, with one published pre-2000, one from post-2000. I have thought about choosing The Catcher in the Rye or One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, but I haven't decided yet as I'm not sure which one I would have more to write about for. Once I've decided one of those to study (pre-2000), I need to find one to compare it with, but I'm unaware of what books published post-2000 would have similar themes or would be best to study alongside those books. I have to choose this week, so If anyone has any thoughts, ideas or advice it'll be really really appreciated!! :smile: thanks :smile:

I know that this is a bit late, but if you still need suggestions, I have a few.

The Known World by Edward Jones

Atonement by Ian Mcewan

On Chesil Beach by Ian Mcewan

All the best of luck!!! (I'm completing my coursework at the moment too - so stressful!!!)
Reply 3
Original post by BeckyLouu
I know that this is a bit late, but if you still need suggestions, I have a few.

The Known World by Edward Jones

Atonement by Ian Mcewan

On Chesil Beach by Ian Mcewan

All the best of luck!!! (I'm completing my coursework at the moment too - so stressful!!!)

Thank you!! I ended up going with The Catcher In The Rye along with We Need To Talk About Kevin as students from the previous year in my school had used those two books and managed to get good results!! Atonement looks like it would’ve been good to study, a lot of people studied that book in my class!
And thank you!! I know, I’m so glad to have finished that process now, it was so stressful!! I hope your coursework went okay, good luck with your results this year!

Quick Reply

Latest