The Student Room Group

Can I still do Computer Science at Oxbridge with an A in CS at GCSE?

Yeah, basically the title
Can you elaborate on what CS means, then I can help you out?
Original post by Reversed Flash
Can you elaborate on what CS means, then I can help you out?

It means computer science
Bump
Why would it stop you?
Your gcse grades don't matter as long as you have a decent number of A*s overall. Also you don't even need computer science a-level, the best 3 are maths, further maths and physics so no it doesn't matter at all.
Original post by Joe1000000
Why would it stop you?

Well, I just hope they wouldn't reject me because I didn't do my best at the GCSE of the same subject
Original post by ssharma123
Well, I just hope they wouldn't reject me because I didn't do my best at the GCSE of the same subject

No, there are a whole load of reasons why they might reject you, but this isn't one of them.
(edited 6 years ago)

which a levels are you doing and what else did you get at gcse?
Original post by claireestelle
which a levels are you doing and what else did you get at gcse?

I am doing Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Electronics A Level. For GCSE, I got 8A* and 2As (Computer Science and History) and an A in Additional Maths. I am getting CS remarked since I was one mark off but I can never be too sure.
I am doing Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Electronics A Level. For GCSE, I got 8A* and 2As (Computer Science and History) and an A in Additional Maths. I am getting CS remarked since I was one mark off but I can never be too sure.

If you can meet their a level requirements i couldn't imagine it being too much of a problem, but contact them and ask if you're concerned.
Bump

WTF is "bump", I see this occasionally in some of these threads. Please enlighten me, anyone.
Original post by 31shotscrazy
WTF is "bump", I see this occasionally in some of these threads. Please enlighten me, anyone.

When someone thinks their question hasn't been getting enough attention, or that they haven't gotten any replies they can 'bump' a post. Adding another comment which pushes it back to the top of the list of threads with the aim of getting more people to see it and hopefully reply.
Original post by Joe1000000
When someone thinks their question hasn't been getting enough attention, or that they haven't gotten any replies they can 'bump' a post. Adding another comment which pushes it back to the top of the list of threads with the aim of getting more people to see it and hopefully reply.

Ohhh alright haha, makes sense now thank you!

What is this question? "Can I do CS at uni (which doesn't require CS to be done at a-level speak of GCSE) with a good grade in CS at GCSE?".

You tell me ssharma123.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending