The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

I'm changing my insurance to aston university a lot of advice needed!

ive got a lot of questions that i need answering i was unsure if i wanted to go to my insurance choice of salford because of a couple of reasons and I saw a chance to go to aston uni i want to study electrical/electronic engineering so I need some advice on life away from home this is what i can think of right now :

- how much is accommodation ? and how hard is it living on campus e.g essentials like food, electricity, clothing costs, and how hard is it to generally access services that I would need on a day to day basis
- how far is the uni from the dorms?
- how difficult is it to access places i would like to visit around the university like dinner halls, lecture halls, ect
- is there anywhere good to eat for cheap food halal preferably
- how many people live in a dorm together?
- how far are gyms ? or boxing gym? and how costly are they.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Abb97
ive got a lot of questions that i need answering i was unsure if i wanted to go to my insurance choice of salford because of a couple of reasons and I saw a chance to go to aston uni i want to study electrical/electronic engineering so I need some advice on life away from home this is what i can think of right now :

- how much is accommodation ? and how hard is it living on campus e.g essentials like food, electricity, clothing costs, and how hard is it to generally access services that I would need on a day to day basis
- how difficult is it to access places i would like to visit around the university like dinner halls, lecture halls, ect

This is all stuff that can easily be found by spending on time on the uni website and SU pages. You may have to email and ask about halal food though as different unis will have different policies on it. You may also want to check out the Aston forum which I'm moving this to.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Abb97
ive got a lot of questions that i need answering i was unsure if i wanted to go to my insurance choice of salford because of a couple of reasons and I saw a chance to go to aston uni i want to study electrical/electronic engineering so I need some advice on life away from home this is what i can think of right now:

Accommodation prices vary depending on whether you live on or off campus and whether you take a 5 or 7 bed. You can find out more here: www.aston.ac.uk/accommodation

If you stay on campus with Unite, it's a two minute walk from your bed to the lecture theatre.

Come to an open day and you can see everything. Our next one is on October 7th:
http://www.aston.ac.uk/opendays/undergraduate/

I don't eat Halal so my knowledge is very limited, however there are a number of takeaways around the Bristol road and there are a number of halal butchers a short bus hop away in washwood heath if you're looking for ingredients.

5 or a 7 bed flat depending on which you choose. You'll have your own room though.

There is a gym on campus, prices vary depending on the package you choose but www.aston.ac.uk/sport will give you more detail, there are a couple of boxing gyms in the area too, but most that i've seen focus more on BJJ or mixed martial arts. Nothing a quick google search won't help you with.

Hope that helps

Josh
Reply 3
Original post by Abb97

I live near Aston Uni and since It's in the city centre you can find literally anything you need including loads halal food places. People from the university would definitely know specific places so just ask around and you'd get what you need.

Quick Reply

Latest