The Student Room Group

A-Level Further Maths (Edexcel)

What is required for an A* in FM? It has not been made very clear to me. At AS i got 88 UMS in FP1, and this year am doing FP2, M2 and D2.
Original post by PayneW
What is required for an A* in FM? It has not been made very clear to me. At AS i got 88 UMS in FP1, and this year am doing FP2, M2 and D2.

270 or more UMS from those 3 units combined.
Original post by PayneW

Firstly, 2 more units as FM requires that you are entered for 6 units.
Then a total 480 UMS that includes 270 UMS from your best 3 A2 units.
If your exam entries are done correctly, unit results can be swapped between maths and further maths to optimise grades.
Reply 3
Original post by gdunne42
Firstly, 2 more units as FM requires that you are entered for 6 units.
Then a total 480 UMS that includes 270 UMS from your best 3 A2 units.
If your exam entries are done correctly, unit results can be swapped between maths and further maths to optimise grades.

I achieved 78 in S2 and 94 in D1, which were my other two further modules. I was under the impression it was the highest three of S2, D2, M2 and FP2 but idk
Original post by PayneW
I achieved 78 in S2 and 94 in D1, which were my other two further modules. I was under the impression it was the highest three of S2, D2, M2 and FP2 but idk

Yes those 4 are all A2 units and the best 3 are used to decide on the award of A*.

Quick Reply

Latest