University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester 2018 entry applicants

Scroll to see replies

Got a physics interview on the 28th!
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Manchester have requested my son's A-level certificates (gap year applicant) with a deadline of 27th October. But there was no mention of interview or offer. Is this standard for gap year applications? I was surprised.
I’m also applying for the MChem at Manchester and was also getting kinda worried when I saw no one else was on here
Reply 43
Original post by hxfsxh
Just got my offer!! I'm so happy, phew! They must have been quick to make a decision as I only got my acknowledgement yesterday!

I applied law on 6th Sept, got acknowledge on 16th Oct, still waiting :ashamed2:
Original post by fantuan
I applied law on 6th Sept, got acknowledge on 16th Oct, still waiting :ashamed2:

Ooo, that's long: don't worry I'm sure they'll get there soon. Ive spoken to quite a lot of people who got acknowledgements ages ago and still no offer so I think I was a rare case being acknowledged and offered within 24 hours.
Original post by catscatsmanycats
Manchester have requested my son's A-level certificates (gap year applicant) with a deadline of 27th October. But there was no mention of interview or offer. Is this standard for gap year applications? I was surprised.

I'm on a gap year and I got the same email with a deadline of the 27th!! I think it's standard although I had no idea they requested them as most other unis have requested them post-offer/interview
Original post by rosie_cats
I'm on a gap year and I got the same email with a deadline of the 27th!! I think it's standard although I had no idea they requested them as most other unis have requested them post-offer/interview

Thank you! And good luck to you :-)

Hii guys!! Did any of you recieve any offers for Economics? If yes, what were your predicted grades like and how long after you submitted your application, did you get the offer?

Name: Hannah
Course: Psychology
Predicted grades: AAA
Also applying at: Lancaster, Sheffield, Chester, Nottingham
Name: Luke Collinson
Course: Mechanical Engineering MEng
Also applying at: Oxford, Leeds, Bristol and Bournemouth

Received my offer today for Manchester! AAB! Well chuffed. Is anyone else doing mechanical engineering?
Name: Erica
Course: Politics & Spanish
Also applying at: Warwick, UCL, Edinburgh and Surrey
No one else applying for PPE? :frown:
Just got an offer for PPE. AAA.
Original post by NamesAreEffort
Just got an offer for PPE. AAA.

Congratulations. When did you apply?
Original post by asd.987
Congratulations. When did you apply?

12th
Reply 55
Original post by black1blade
Got a physics interview on the 28th!

Well done and good luck! I have a physics interview on the 2nd November and I'm not really sure what to expect, so feel free to let me know how it goes and what happens!!

Name: Abi
Course: Physics (4 years)
Predicted grades: A*A*A*
Also applying at: Warwick, Nottingham, Birmingham, Cardiff
Did anyone receive an offer/interview for Computer Science ?
Original post by Luke Collinson
Name: Luke Collinson
Course: Mechanical Engineering MEng
Also applying at: Oxford, Leeds, Bristol and Bournemouth

Received my offer today for Manchester! AAB! Well chuffed. Is anyone else doing mechanical engineering?

Congratulations!

I am applying for Meng Mechanical Engineering too.
When did you submit your UCAS application?
Original post by GoingToUni77
Congratulations!

I am applying for Meng Mechanical Engineering too.
When did you submit your UCAS application?

On the 12th October. What subjects are you doing?
Original post by Luke Collinson
On the 12th October. What subjects are you doing?

Predicted grades: A* A* A* A* (Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology)

I just feel I might not get an offer because of no Further Maths(our school doesn't offer it). But my UMS for AS Maths are above 90s (with C2 at 100%).

Do you think the absence of FM will hurt my application?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending