The Student Room Group

Economics Application

I’m 23 years old and has decided to apply for Economics at university. However, when I looked at the entry requirements most of them, including my firm choice (uni of Manchester), only accepts applicants with AAA grades. For context, I finished my Alevels in 2018 and achieved an A* in Maths, B in Chem, B in Bio ,and A for my EPQ.

I guess my question is , should I still go for it and apply ? Economics really interests me and the notion that I would be rejected is incredibly disheartening :frown:
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
Applying for uni is pretty challenging whatever age you are. And as you get a bit older it does all just feel a bit worse I am afraid. But you have more life experience behind you and more /deeper understanding of why you want to go to uni. I often think as a consequence you get more out of it. So it's worth the risk.

Check out the mature applicant routes for your choices as these may be different for school leavers. The A in EpQ also may be helpful. Southampton for example tends to have quite good mature applicant policies.

Unfortunately though you have posted this in the med schools forum so people here won't be able to give much advice on the economics point. Try posting in the economics forum. I haven't spotted one but there may also be a mature students forum too which might be useful for moral support. Or start your own thread !

Good luck with your application. You've got this.
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending