The Student Room Group

university

Hello everyone, i am currently in college studying Alevel Psychology, Btec L3 extended certificate applied science and health and social care. I want to do optometry in the university of Manchester in the future.
Would appreciate if anyone could share any information on will i be able to do that with my current subjects
Thank You
Reply 1
hi, i think it depends on each uni but i think most unis want at least 1 or sometimes 2 science subjects for optom ie biology/chemistry/ physics. i think you’d have to check the entry requirements for manchester on the ucas website
Original post by khadijah12
Hello everyone, i am currently in college studying Alevel Psychology, Btec L3 extended certificate applied science and health and social care. I want to do optometry in the university of Manchester in the future.
Would appreciate if anyone could share any information on will i be able to do that with my current subjects
Thank You

That's a hard "No", I'm afraid.

From Manchester's BSc Optometry / Entry requirements page, here:

"BTEC National Extended Certificate

We do not consider the National Extended Certificate for entry onto this course as a single qualification. Applicants undertaking a National Extended Certificate must achieve D alongside 2 science A-levels (Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics) at grades AA."

So even if one of you BTECs had been a second A level, you will wouldn't have the required "2 science A-levels (Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics)". :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending