The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rohit_Rocks10
I read the textbook. Try to teach it to myself. And then solve past questions on that topic. Not too many notes haha. I also use chemguide, its a really good website

last question :biggrin: which textbook do you use and which exam board ?
Original post by Black Water
Oh right. How were your internal exams? I'm doing the same subjects. Any tips?

They were ok! I have just received my S1 grades. I got 48/50 thats like 96%
Tips, try to go ahead of the class. This means read the topic you are going to learn in class the day before. It helps you better understand the topic and the teacher also knows you are interested in the subject! Try to stay away from any distractions like whatsapp and facebook. Maybe TSR :tongue:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 82
They were ok! I have just received my S1 grades. I got 48/50 thats like 96%

Well done! :smile: What branch of Engineering do you want to study? Thanks for the tips. I'm going to really try hard for good grades this year. :smile:
Thanks dude! Haha it doesnt. True tho! Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Black Water
Well done! :smile: What branch of Engineering do you want to study? Thanks for the tips. I'm going to really try hard for good grades this year. :smile:

Forgot to add the tips. Just edited it. Thanks! Mechanical engineering. Yeah! Good luck :smile:
Original post by allie.moe
last question :biggrin: which textbook do you use and which exam board ?

Haha. No probs! Idk its some blue colored textbook. Just google image CIE A level chemistry coursebook I'm on CIE what bout u?
Maaate calm down, I'd start revision at 10am on Saturdays and finish at 2 am on Sunday with a 1hr break from 4-5pm for my A-levels. Ur nothing special so stop craving attention.
Reply 87
Forgot to add the tips. Just edited it. Thanks! Mechanical engineering. Yeah! Good luck :smile:

Thanks. :smile: That's very interesting!
:u:

OMDS youre goals!! how many hours do you do a week day? do you wake up early in the mornings to revise during weekdays? what time do you wake up in the weekends?
Original post by mygcserevision
OMDS youre goals!! how many hours do you do a week day? do you wake up early in the mornings to revise during weekdays? what time do you wake up in the weekends?

Weekdays probably 3-4 a day. Yeah i do! Around 9am
Original post by Volibear
So are you actually learning the topics or learning to pass exams?

Also, are you using study drugs?

Learning the topics. Haha no! Do they even exist?
Haha. No probs! Idk its some blue colored textbook. Just google image CIE A level chemistry coursebook I'm on CIE what bout u?

Im doing AQA so I'm not sure that textbook would be of much help :tongue: where did you do your IGCSEs because I was going to do them but i came here and did gcses instead
Revising so much will only give you diminishing returns after a while. You will burn out, I can guarantee it.
I didn't even revise that much right before and during my exam season (I did 8 hours a day then).

How did you do in your AS-levels? How much did you revise then?
Reply 93
Original post by unitedblack
Have you ever considered joining isis?

Shutup you horrible person
Original post by allie.moe
Im doing AQA so I'm not sure that textbook would be of much help :tongue: where did you do your IGCSEs because I was going to do them but i came here and did gcses instead

In Ghana. Where were u supposed to do them? Quite lucky tho! Coz iGCSEs are mucchhhhh harder than regular GCSEs and idk y the **** they are considered the same?
Original post by Alex$
Shutup you horrible person

Ifkr!
Original post by UWS
But can you do it on a cold, rainy night in Stoke?

Do you live in Stoke? :smile:
In Ghana. Where were u supposed to do them? Quite lucky tho! Coz iGCSEs are mucchhhhh harder than regular GCSEs and idk y the **** they are considered the same?

tell me about it :/ I was supposed to do mine in the UAE. But we moved back when I first started year 11 and i was not quite as lucky as you think. GCSEs may be easier but they are quite different than iGCSEs, and as a result i didnt do so well lol
Reply 98
Original post by LunaCat
Do you live in Stoke? :smile:

Oh, God no.
Original post by UWS
Oh, God no.

Why did you mention stoke then? :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest