The Student Room Group

When should I stop working to start revising for my A Levels?

I have a weekend job on a Saturday and my shift starts at 10:45 and finishes 19:15 in the evening. So not exactly ideal as it takes up most of my day and I get really tired so I can't be bothered to do any work. Usually I have to complete all of my school work during the week and grind out loads on Sunday for tests. I don't usually have enough time to do extra revision which I know I have to start doing for my A Levels. But when is the right time to quit my job so I can focus on my exams and have more time to revise? If anyone has any pointers or past experiences please let me know. :smile:
(edited 3 months ago)
Is saturday the only day you work? Is it possible to reduce that shift by a couple hours or not? Do you desperately need money or can you survive without the income from your job?

You obviously don’t want to burn out early on, so I definitely would stay until something like late April for example.

I’d maybe say stop around the beginning of March? I worked part time during my A levels, and around about feb/march, I dropped from 3 days a week to 2 days
Reply 2
Original post by Squiggles1238
Is saturday the only day you work? Is it possible to reduce that shift by a couple hours or not? Do you desperately need money or can you survive without the income from your job?

You obviously don’t want to burn out early on, so I definitely would stay until something like late April for example.

I’d maybe say stop around the beginning of March? I worked part time during my A levels, and around about feb/march, I dropped from 3 days a week to 2 days

Yes Saturday is the only day I work. I work in retail so there isn’t going to be much luck in terms of swapping days or reducing hours. I’m not exactly relying on the income but I have had a job since I was 15 so not having that income will be sad to say the least 🥲

I was going to ask to go zero hours so I can just pick up shifts here and there as I please depending on the workload.

But your advice has been useful. I’ll try not to burn out. Thankyou :smile:
Reply 3
keep trying
Reply 4
Original post by Emilio Tate
keep trying

Hahaha thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending