The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath Applicants + freshers 2018!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Seamus123
Sadly, my life experience has taught me differently.

We can always hope!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 181
Ahhh, finally got an offer from Bath for Management! So happy :smile:
Original post by asa7

Congratulations on your offer!! If you have any questions please let us know :smile:

Leah
1st Year Chemical Engineering
Original post by carhady
Name: Jordan
Course: Chemical Engineering
Predicted grades: A*A*AA Maths, Economics, Chemistry, Further Maths
Also applying at: Leeds, Loughborough, Newcastle

I applied two days ago, got a conformation email the next day, I really want an offer and I keep checking every few minutes.

Hi, i was wondering if you had received an offer from Bath yet?
Original post by AnnSwift
Hi Leah,
I just wanted to ask about the vacations or holidays during an academic year. I looked up some websites and some say that summer holidays include June and some say that it doesn't. From when to when is the summer vacation? Also, how long is the Christmas break?
Thanks,
Ann

Hi Ann :smile:
Our summer holidays start officially on the 1st of June (at least for this year), according to this webpage with our academic year dates: http://www.bath.ac.uk/corporate-information/academic-year-dates/

I can't think of any circumstances when this would be extended further. Next academic year's dates, according to the link, state that summer starts on 31st of May and will most likely end around the 25th of September.
However the first week back in September is to celebrate fresher's week, and so after your first year, you're likely to no longer celebrate such an event: so will start your course within the first few days of October.

Our summers are very long- 4 months! Which is great for travelling and summer internship opportunities.

Christmas break next year is from 17th of December to the 4th of January (3 weeks). Bath has an Easter break of 2 weeks, as well as usually 1-2 weeks 'holiday' before your May exams, to act as a revision week.

We also have a 'inter semester break' after our January exams, where we get a week off before beginning the second half of the year's course. I love this about Bath as many of our societies organise trips abroad during this week, as its a stress-free week of fun before the next part of the course begins! I went to Morocco last month with the surfing society for the inter semester break and it was a fantastic experience :smile:

If you have any more question please don't hesitate to ask!
Lydia
(edited 6 years ago)
I see the old ------- is back. I mean, I get that he has a hard time dealing with rejection, what I don't get is why he would spam other people's posts looking for actual advice, making them potentially doubt life-changing decisions, all because of his lies and insecurities. So sad.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by jimnyjim
I see the old -------- is back. I mean, I get that he has a hard time dealing with rejection, what I don't get is why he would spam other people's posts looking for actual advice, making them potentially doubt life-changing decisions, all because of his lies and insecurities. So sad.

I have already voiced my concerns about this to TSR - both about his lies and the way he appears on threads where young people are looking for advice on progression from school/college to university. This is a difficult time for those hoping to university. He is a loose cannon.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by peacebewithus
Hi, i was wondering if you had received an offer from Bath yet?

Yeah I got one in December
I have already voiced my concerns about this to TSR - both about his lies and the way he appears on threads where young people are looking for advice on progression from school/college to university. This is a difficult time for those hoping to university. He is a loose cannon.

Fully agree. I'm an international applicant going to LSE for graduate school next year and he really made me doubt my decisions at one point. I was like "I really don't know much about the UK and he seems to know this so well, maybe I'm making the wrong choice!". Caused me quite a bit of anxiety at one point.... he should be banned.
Original post by Mahrez
Is there a facebook thread for official offer holders?

Hi, as far as I am aware, there aren't any facebook groups, etc. for offer holders. However, there are various groups available once you have met all the requirements for acceptance and have firmly selected Bath. Most notably, there is a group for Freshers created every year, as well as groups for specific courses and/or accommodation. Do have a look at the university facebook page and the Students' Union page for more information or to get in touch with current/potential students.

Please do ask us if you have any other questions!

Danny
Withdrew my application 2 hours ago unfortunately :frown:
Original post by Aishabushra
Withdrew my application 2 hours ago unfortunately :frown:

Why - if you don't mind me asking?
Why - if you don't mind me asking?

Waited 5 months got bored
I’m doing management too at Bath! Are you putting it as your firm?
Original post by asa7

Well done! Hopefully I get mine soon as well then!!
Reply 195
Original post by FourthGear
Well done! Hopefully I get mine soon as well then!!

Thank you!!
All the best, i'm sure you will! (:
What course have you applied for?
Original post by asa7
Thank you!!
All the best, i'm sure you will! (:
What course have you applied for?

Management, same as you😀 What was your offer??
Reply 197
Original post by FourthGear
Management, same as you😀 What was your offer??

80% across four subjects and at least 85% in one! also, at least 85% in English. One of my subjects is painting so that was excluded from the offer
Anyone got a Sociology offer from Bath?
Hi, has anyone got an offer for Sociology or Social sciences? I have an offer of AAB to study Sociology and I would really like to get to know people on my course or going to Bath? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest