The Student Room Group

Bank of England Graduate Development Program 2017/18

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JHT_p
Aha, Looks like I spoke too soon!

No dice on this one unfortunately. Hopefully the feedback ends up being useful! All the best to everyone still in the running and, of course, to everyone starting the scheme!

Don’t worry, looks like the rest of us got our rejections today too unfortunately! Onto the next!
No offer for me too. Hope you all enjoy the role! Looking to the next opportunity now
Sorry to hear about those who got rejected. Good luck to you guys, it means there is some other better opportunity waiting for you.
Reply 363
Hi everyone! Congrats on your offers and good luck to those still searching. I've created a group on facebook for people that accepted their offer at the bank so that we can get to know each other before the programme starts! If you would like to join, send me a private message with your facebook name and I'll add you. Have a great week!
Penultimate year applicant, just want to know if anyone went over the word limit for the written exercise? Is it penalized very heavily? Insights much appreciated, thanks!
Since there's no thread for next year's intake, I thought I'd come here.

I've got my video interview to do for the Grad Program (Economist Stream), and I was wondering if anyone could share any insights from their experiences!
Would be very much appreciated
Same. I was wondering whether anyone would which questions exactly came up. @WhyAlwaysMe123 I couldnt find any information online about a description of the economist role, have you?
Has anyone heard anything about the operations stream? I applied over a month ago and did my test but have heard nothing since
Original post by jazzie14
Has anyone heard anything about the operations stream? I applied over a month ago and did my test but have heard nothing since

Did you not get a video interview invite? I completed my video interview over a month ago and am waiting to hear about a possible assessment day
I've done my video interview for the postgraduate stream
Anyone got invited to the meet and engage sessions?
Hey, just wanted to know if youd be happy to share, what were the questions asked for the operation stream? :smile:
Original post by Neovix37
Anyone got invited to the meet and engage sessions?

me
Anyone got invited to AC for economist/finance stream?
How is the video interview for supervision this year? Any advice on preparing?
Original post by sgorka17

Hey sgorka17,

We provide the technology that employers use to conduct the video interviews, so can definitely help you understand what to expect!

On average, video interviews involve between 5 and 7 questions. Of course, it can be higher - if the role is more technical in nature or a senior position. Normally you will be given an idea of how many questions will be asked before the interview starts. If this has not been explained, there’s nothing wrong with contacting the hiring company. You can ask them to clarify things, so you can be better prepared for your interview.

Typically, you will have between 1.5 and 2 minutes to respond to a question. Hiring companies tend to give you more time than you need. They won’t be evaluating you on how long your answer is, so don’t think that you need to fill every second of the allocated time. If you finish your answer and still have time remaining, simply press the option to move on to the next question. There is no need to wait until the end of the allotted time.

Most companies will ask you competency based questions (i.e. how you do something) with a much smaller number asking strengths-based questions (i.e. what engages and interests you). These approaches are very different, so be sure to clarify which one will be used for your interview. Whichever type of questions they asked, the hiring company will be looking to establish whether you can do the job to the required standard while fitting into the existing culture.

Most will be open questions. They usually consist of one part but some may digress to find out a little bit more about you. Nearly all the interview questions will be very straightforward, with no trick questions. Don’t be surprised if you are initially asked an icebreaker question. This is intended to ease you into the process and make you feel more comfortable.

Hope this helps and if you have any more questions just shout!

Good luck

................................ ................................ ................................ .
Shortlist.Me is a platform where you can prepare, practice and improve your interview skills to get ahead of your competition. We’re interviewing experts and here to help you, so ask away!
Original post by sgorka17

It's mostly the same questions as previous years. Take a look at Glassdoor, Wikijob and previous forums on TSR.
Reply 377
Has anyone heard anything back after completing video interview (Supervision stream)
Reply 378
SO decided to make a new thread for this years intake link is here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5714732
Reply 379
Has anyone heard anything new? especially regarding supervision stream

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending