The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Would it be silly of me to suggest their website?
AEH
Would it be silly of me to suggest their website?

No. That would be reasonable.
Nor
Hi guys

did anyone had an interview at brighton and sussex ? and if yes what did they ask ? how are the interviewers generally, nice?

I still do not know whether brighton and sussex is PBL or not ?

thanks

I personally havent heard anything. But I think they have gone through about 90% of applications, have sent out 70% of interview requests of which they have carried out 45%. And intend to give out 40% of offers before christmas.
Reply 4
Nor
did anyone had an interview at brighton and sussex ? and if yes what did they ask ? how are the interviewers generally, nice?

Interviews will be based on your personal statement and talking about what you have done to try and establish whether they think that that you will make a good doctor and fit in at BSMS. The interviewers are usually nice and try to put you at ease however as with all medical schools that can't always be ensured to be the case but generally they are nice.

I still do not know whether brighton and sussex is PBL or not ?

Don't you think that is quite an important thing to find out before applying? The course is systems based and you will be taught through a combination of lectures, seminars, tutorials and practical session not PBL.
Reply 5
randdom
Interviews will be based on your personal statement and talking about what you have done to try and establish whether they think that that you will make a good doctor and fit in at BSMS. The interviewers are usually nice and try to put you at ease however as with all medical schools that can't always be ensured to be the case but generally they are nice.

Don't you think that is quite an important thing to find out before applying? The course is systems based and you will be taught through a combination of lectures, seminars, tutorials and practical session not PBL.

Do you know how they take UKCAT into consideration i.e. when deciding on interviews, after interviews, etc. Thanks.
Reply 6
mouse_mat
Do you know how they take UKCAT into consideration i.e. when deciding on interviews, after interviews, etc. Thanks.

BSMS will take it into consideration along with a number of factors. If you are an amazing candidate a poor UKCAT score won't stop you getting in. All paper factors will be taken into consideration before the interview and then all depends on the interview pannels decision i believe.
Reply 7
Nor
OP
randdom

Thanks random .

one more question so do you think that i should not familiarise myself with other diseases that i have not mentioned in my personal statement ? such as pneumonia etc.
Reply 8
Nor
Thanks random .

one more question so do you think that i should not familiarise myself with other diseases that i have not mentioned in my personal statement ? such as pneumonia etc.

Why'd u talk about diseases in ur PS? And thanks random. Reped.
Reply 9
Interviews aren't science based and you won't be tested on your knowledge of diseases, because really you know pretty much nothing at all. Its more about your attitude and knowledge in relation to the profession.
If you havent heard from BSMS by now, is that likely to be a rejection?...I suppose an easier question would be, who has heard something from BSMS :biggrin:
Reply 11
Nor
OP
I mentioned certain diseases such as stroke in my personal statement as ive talked to people who were recovering from it ...so need to be prepared for it

has anyone a website where i can learn more about medical ethics ?
Reply 12
Nor
Thanks random .

If you have mentioned it in your personal statement then it is fair game so learn about the ones that you have mentioned.

Miss_Scarlett
If you havent heard from BSMS by now, is that likely to be a rejection?...I suppose an easier question would be, who has heard something from BSMS

No they still have a whole second interview session in Feb so don't worry
I had an interview and everyone was lovely (especially the chief anatomy professor and current student who were on my panel!) The students were around to put you at ease beforehand and the whole day was nowhere near as daunting as you would expect.

I was asked a lot about ethical issues and everything I'd mentioned in my personal statement (it seemed to form the framework for my interview) plus I got asked about some science-based questions leading on from my work experience and extracurricular reading I'd done.

Most importantly, don't panic! That is easier said in hindsight but my panicking really wasn't worth it...and yes, I did get an offer :-)
Reply 14
Nor
OP
Danielle2137
I had an interview and everyone was lovely (especially the chief anatomy professor and current student who were on my panel!) The students were around to put you at ease beforehand and the whole day was nowhere near as daunting as you would expect.

I was asked a lot about ethical issues and everything I'd mentioned in my personal statement (it seemed to form the framework for my interview) plus I got asked about some science-based questions leading on from my work experience and extracurricular reading I'd done.

Most importantly, don't panic! That is easier said in hindsight but my panicking really wasn't worth it...and yes, I did get an offer :-)

congratulation on the offer.:smile:
I have a niggly feeling that I will get a rejection from BSMS...its not particularly me being pessimistic either....call it a premonition/ESP or what you will.... :rofl:

On another note...well done for your offer, you should be proud BSMS is renowned for its difficulty to get into.:biggrin:
Thanks to both of you!

Don't worry, there's plenty of people who assumed they had rejections but then got offers- one of my friends was interviewed at the same time and didn't get a letter until weeks after mine, so she automatically thoguht they'd rejected her.

No word is good- it's not a flat out rejection :-)

Latest

Trending

Trending