The Student Room Group

Which is the biggest college?

Iam looking for a college that is big in size with good sports facilities, good nightlife and reasonable accomodation . Which is the best college for me?
(edited 6 years ago)
Catz best fits the bill if you don't mind modern architecture. Keble/Wadham/St.Hugh'smaybe? Of the old colleges maybe New.
Original post by Amer00
Iam looking for a college that is big in size with good sports facilities, good nightlife and reasonable accomodation . Which is the best college for me?

Worcester has the largest college site and is the only college with sports facilities on site :smile:
St Catherine's is the biggest college by number of undergraduate students (including exchange students).

Original post by MexicanKeith
Worcester has the largest college site

Not true - Wolfson is bigger, and is Magdalen.
St Johns is the biggest (in terms of size I believe)
Original post by nexttime
St Catherine's is the biggest college by number of undergraduate students (including exchange students).

Apologies for my inaccuracies, I was going more from what I'd heard than any numbers.

Still Worcester is pretty big, and it is the only college with sports facilities on site :biggrin:
Original post by nexttime

Wolfson? That's only for post graduates though.

Keble/ Wadham in terms of undergraduate numbers and proximity to the Sports grounds.
(edited 6 years ago)
'Good nightlife' doesn't really make a whole lot of sense; most people will head out into town on a night out, and none of the places there are college-specific.

Yes, colleges have bars, and most of them have bops/balls/other evening events sometimes. And yes, some colleges may do all of the above better than others, but once you've made a few friends outside of your college, it's easy enough to go to other colleges' events, and it gives you a good excuse to go and explore new places. I think I went to one or more socials at around half of the other colleges throughout my time, through friends/friends of friends. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending