The Student Room Group

Kicked out of Sixth Form 2022

I left in May 2022 so i would be graduating today if i was still there. I have been doing nothing since then, not even work. I tried to join another sixth form but got kicked out that September. I have no maths, i literally don’t know what to do. I feel like the biggest failure and seeing my peers about to finish school is messing me up not going to lie
Reply 1
Original post by athenastfu
I left in May 2022 so i would be graduating today if i was still there. I have been doing nothing since then, not even work. I tried to join another sixth form but got kicked out that September. I have no maths, i literally don’t know what to do. I feel like the biggest failure and seeing my peers about to finish school is f-king me up not going to lie

Did you pass English and maths? And any other subject? If you are meant to be in year 13 now, it is unlikely that you can go to sixth form as you would be too old which is NOTHING to be ashamed of!! You could always go to college and reapply with the same or different subjects. If you do, stay determined and committed, take it seriously!! Alevels are very demanding and requires a lot of attention.

Let me assure you that you are not a failure at all. Some people just don’t feel ready for sixth form/college by the end of year 11, which is totally normal.

Best wishes!!
Reply 2
Original post by Sheepwool
Did you pass English and maths? And any other subject? If you are meant to be in year 13 now, it is unlikely that you can go to sixth form as you would be too old which is NOTHING to be ashamed of!! You could always go to college and reapply with the same or different subjects. If you do, stay determined and committed, take it seriously!! Alevels are very demanding and requires a lot of attention.

Let me assure you that you are not a failure at all. Some people just don’t feel ready for sixth form/college by the end of year 11, which is totally normal.

Best wishes!!

I appreciate this message a lot. I’ll attempt to go to a college again this September and stick to it. Even though i may be 19 when i finish i’ll hope it will be worth it. I’m planning to do an apprenticeship afterwards hopefully. But thank you again !!
Reply 3
Original post by athenastfu
I appreciate this message a lot. I’ll attempt to go to a college again this September and stick to it. Even though i may be 19 when i finish i’ll hope it will be worth it. I’m planning to do an apprenticeship afterwards hopefully. But thank you again !!

It doesn’t matter what age you finish by, and if you are worried about being 19- a massive portion people in college are around that age, so you aren’t the only one!

You will do great!! Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest