The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Univeristy

I’m currently looking at Lancaster University for Marketing and am wondering what the best colleges are? Preferably cheap accommodation
Reply 1
Original post by user72938470
I’m currently looking at Lancaster University for Marketing and am wondering what the best colleges are? Preferably cheap accommodation

All of the colleges are great, but if you are wanting a college thats close the the management and business block then Grizedale/Fylde/Pendle are close by. Cheap accommodation will be the shared self catered. So Grizedale and Pendle (saw pendle on open day and was told grizedales same set up) is 2 bathrooms shared between 8 and it has its own sink in the room as well.
But there isnt a thing as the best college as such, but if your wanting cheap cocktails its grizedale, a sports bar its fylde.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Hey @ user72938470

For prices, please refer to: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/accommodation/undergraduate/bedrooms-with-shared-bathrooms/#how-much-do-they-cost-552736-3

The cheapest accommodation starts from £129 a week and it is a shared bathroom standard room. You can find these in Pendle, Grizdale, Fylde, Bowland, Furness and County.

All colleges are good and with very similar services, the biggest difference usually is accommodation type and its location on campus. If you want to be located in central campus, Bowland east and Furness are probably the best options. Fylde and Grizdale are also close by the center.
If you looking for a more quite area with slightly less distractions, then Pendle and county are a good option for you. They are not located in central campus but still have all the services, nearby restaurants, game rooms and bars. Pendle would also be the closest to Management School where you might have a few classes if you are planning to pursue marketing.

I hope this helps :smile:
Vyomika (LU Student Ambassador)
Reply 3
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador

Hey @ user72938470

For prices, please refer to: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/accommodation/undergraduate/bedrooms-with-shared-bathrooms/#how-much-do-they-cost-552736-3

The cheapest accommodation starts from £129 a week and it is a shared bathroom standard room. You can find these in Pendle, Grizdale, Fylde, Bowland, Furness and County.

All colleges are good and with very similar services, the biggest difference usually is accommodation type and its location on campus. If you want to be located in central campus, Bowland east and Furness are probably the best options. Fylde and Grizdale are also close by the center.
If you looking for a more quite area with slightly less distractions, then Pendle and county are a good option for you. They are not located in central campus but still have all the services, nearby restaurants, game rooms and bars. Pendle would also be the closest to Management School where you might have a few classes if you are planning to pursue marketing.

I hope this helps :smile:
Vyomika (LU Student Ambassador)

Thank you! I looked at Bowland shared bathroom on open day. Is grizedale the same layout, room decor etc?
Reply 4
Thank you! I looked at Bowland shared bathroom on open day. Is grizedale the same layout, room decor etc?

My daughter stayed in a bowland main shared bathroom during the summer whilst she worked, but she is in grizedale college and stayed in a grizedale townhouse. I have visited the Pendle shared and its the same as Grizedale shared ive been told on open day.

Grizedale/Pendle shared differences with Bowland shared I found was the shape of the room. Bowland was more rectangle as opposed to the pendle one we saw which was more square, but they both had a sink area in the room. Grizedale Pendle shared are sharing 2 bathrooms between 8. The bowland main she was in had like 8 bathrooms, each with its own cubicle, but was shared between two flats adjoining them.
Pendle kitchen and Bowland were very similar in design in terms of cupboard style. Bowlands kitchen was slightly bigger.
Grizedale townhouse is shared, and is different in design. You have a kitchen diner living area with toilet on lower floor. Then the 3 floors above each have 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. So you are effectively sharing a bathroom with 1 other person, although if 'hers' was busy, she would then use the one on the same floor, which was very rare.

The bathroom to room ratio: Shes now in 4th year and shes never had any issues with the townhouse, her second year home which was 2 sharing between 8, and her 4th year at Chancellors wharf which is 3 between 8. She often found if one bathroom was being used, the other one would be free as everyone has their own time of showering be it morning or evening, late evening before bed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending