The Student Room Group

Teacher is horrible!

Hello guys, I have just recently started my a levels and have chosen Government and Politics.
As this is a subject I have not previously studied at GCSE and am not particularly comfortable with yet, you can understand why a good teacher would be valuable. However, instead i have a teacher who sucks the fun out of politics and solely teaches from the textbook; no discussions, no debates and barely any class interaction.

He just hands us a textbook and some worksheets and watches us slowly being consumed by boredom and regret. I have began to associate boredom with politics to the point that i dread revising or doing politics homework.( so i always do the bare minimum).

How do i overcome this pessimistic view i have of politics because of my teacher?
Do you think i can still do well at politics a level?
Any other advice?
Thank youu
Are there other teachers available on the course? If so, are you able to switch teachers. Why not make a study group with some other classmates - use what you get from the lessons and make it more fun yourself.

If it is still something that you don't enjoy, you could talk to the teacher - try to suggest a class debate?
This is such a good idea ^

Quick Reply

Latest