The Student Room Group

Failed my dissertation component

The pass mark is 50 and I have got 47, how do I overcome failure, as this is my first time failing and not graduating with my friends. I have chance to retake with my supervisor, however i feel like my supervisor is holding against me as i have been treated differently than another student, and when i asked help, she said work it out yourself. I was worrying for my results due to this.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
The pass mark is 50 and I have got 47, how do I overcome failure, as this is my first time failing and not graduating with my friends. I have chance to retake with my supervisor, however i feel like my supervisor is holding against me as i have been treated differently than another student, and when i asked help, she said work it out yourself. I was worrying for my results due to this.

So sorry to hear that but the good thing is that your not that many marks away so definitely just beep to up the revision by a little bit. Don’t let that teacher affect you as most teachers are like this and don’t care enough for retakers . If there is another teacher you could go to then try for that aswell or you could get your paper that you scored 47 on and ask for a remark to see if she did it unfairly
Original post by Anonymous

Anon,

It's horrible when things do not go the way you expect and when everything seems to be coming together for others. Of course, you are happy for your friends you want the best for them but it feels rubbish that at the moment you don't get to share in that same joy. All being well, you will soon!

It's great that you have the chance to re-take. Check the feedback your supervisor has given you and go over the assessment criteria to get an idea of where you can pick up more marks. As @bethany145 said you are not far off from 50, so aim for higher than that and hopefully you will get the marks you need!

This is a time to dig deep and to focus on passing.

It's doable!

All the best,

Oluwatosin 3rd year student University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending