The Student Room Group

which a level should i do??????

im so stuck on what to choose for my 3rd a level, i really dont want to do 4 because i just dont think ill be able to handle the workload and i want to pursue a career in medicine or dentistry so my first two options are biology and chemistry but for the third i dont know whether to english lit or economics, i seriously love both and im slightly better at business at gcse but im predicted the same grade i both at the end of y11. im so sick of everyone telling me to choose the one im most passionately about because i really do love them equally and my teachers for both are great, i could take both and drop one a few weeks into y12 but i dont know if ill meet the grade requirements at my school to do 4 so i really do need to make this decision now and i can change it in y12 if i find that ive made the wrong choice but for now i really need some input. ive probably worded this horribly but please someone help!!!!!
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 1
All I can say is I did English lit for the first 6 months of sixth form with chem and physics and the workload was horrible, it was like a joke for me. I switched to English language and it’s boring but a better workload. I have no idea about econ
Reply 2
Original post by ghanoot.n
im so stuck on what to choose for my 3rd a level, i really dont want to do 4 because i just dont think ill be able to handle the workload and i want to pursue a career in medicine or dentistry so my first two options are biology and chemistry but for the third i dont know whether to english lit or economics, i seriously love both and im slightly better at business at gcse but im predicted the same grade i both at the end of y11. im so sick of everyone telling me to choose the one im most passionately about because i really do love them equally and my teachers for both are great, i could take both and drop one a few weeks into y12 but i dont know if ill meet the grade requirements at my school to do 4 so i really do need to make this decision now and i can change it in y12 if i find that ive made the wrong choice but for now i really need some input. ive probably worded this horribly but please someone help!!!!!

Hey. I didn't do your exact combination (I did bio, chem and maths), but from my experience make sure you choose the subject that you are the most willing to dedicate time to.

Quick Reply

Latest