The Student Room Group

What to do with failed ukcat

I have done a lot of practice on Medify, but my school work did have an impact on how much time and how effectively i worked on practicing..
nonetheless, every mock i have done i got below 600, which is very very bad.

I wanted to do Veterinary Medicine and was planning on applying to Nottingham, Bristol and RVC (i have the grades for these (IB) and was positive i could have a chance until my UKCAT)

I dont know what my options are now, and whether i should take a gap year to get better at UKCAT and repeat it? I would also focus on internships and possibly getting a job. I just dont want to waste my parents money...
Im so lost...
I don't think you need the UKCAT for Veterinary Medicine. You might want to double check
Original post by anniefeatherhop
I have done a lot of practice on Medify, but my school work did have an impact on how much time and how effectively i worked on practicing..
nonetheless, every mock i have done i got below 600, which is very very bad.

I wanted to do Veterinary Medicine and was planning on applying to Nottingham, Bristol and RVC (i have the grades for these (IB) and was positive i could have a chance until my UKCAT)

I dont know what my options are now, and whether i should take a gap year to get better at UKCAT and repeat it? I would also focus on internships and possibly getting a job. I just dont want to waste my parents money...
Im so lost...

you dont nees to so UKCAT for vet med
As above, I'm sorry that you have wasted your time and money on this but it wasn't necessary. No vet schools have every used the UKCAT as a method of assessing students, and recently they have stopped using the BMAT as well. The only vet school that still has an admissions test is Cambridge, and they run theirs themselves.

All of the entry criteria are available on the vet school websites for future reference.

Please do not post the same thread multiple times. I am locking this now.

Latest

Trending

Trending