The Student Room Group

Australian HSC ATAR to UK A level equivalent

Hello, We are from Australia, my daughter has completed year 12 (HSC), and has got an ATAR of 89.1, with 4 science subjects and English, all above 80/100 except for 78 in chemistry.
Can you please clarify, what would her ATAR translate to UK's A-level?
Also, does UCAT (ANZ) will suffice or she has to sit for UKCAT as well please.
Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
Sorry I haven't got any advice regarding your ATAR, but if I recall correctly you cannot sit both the UKCAT and the UCAT ANZ in the same sitting/cycle, if you do so you'd be disqualified, since it is classed as "candidate misconduct". No, they are mutually exclusive and not transferrable, so if you only take the UCAT ANZ then you would only be able to apply to Australian universities and likewise with the UKCAT. More info can be found here, sorry mods I don't know if I'm allowed to share links - https://www.ucat.ac.uk/faqs/#:~:text=Candidates%20are%20not%20permitted%20to,all%20results%20may%20be%20withdrawn.
Original post by Ionomer
Sorry I haven't got any advice regarding your ATAR, but if I recall correctly you cannot sit both the UKCAT and the UCAT ANZ in the same sitting/cycle, if you do so you'd be disqualified, since it is classed as "candidate misconduct". No, they are mutually exclusive and not transferrable, so if you only take the UCAT ANZ then you would only be able to apply to Australian universities and likewise with the UKCAT. More info can be found here, sorry mods I don't know if I'm allowed to share links - https://www.ucat.ac.uk/faqs/#:~:text=Candidates%20are%20not%20permitted%20to,all%20results%20may%20be%20withdrawn.

Hey thanks for the link!
Reply 3
Check with each Uni for the specific course/subject she wants to do - just email the Admissions Office.

Each Uni will do the equiv. slightly differently, but as a guide (very approximate) :
A*AA = ATAR or TER of 97, with A or 80 in specified subjects
AAA = ATAR or TER of 97, AAB = ATAR or TER of 93.
Thanks for the information!

Original post by McGinger
Check with each Uni for the specific course/subject she wants to do - just email the Admissions Office.

Each Uni will do the equiv. slightly differently, but as a guide (very approximate) :
A*AA = ATAR or TER of 97, with A or 80 in specified subjects
AAA = ATAR or TER of 97, AAB = ATAR or TER of 93.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending