The Student Room Group

Was I having a panic attack?

First of all, I do have a history with mental health. I used to go to a therapist like 2 years ago but I quit since I felt that it didn't help at all and I thought I got do it myself and just "choose" to be better. I realized that that's not the case and now I'm back to seeing a therapist (I had my 5th session today).
He diagnosed me with bipolar disorder and anxiety disorder. Also, I feel like I've been getting worse and worse the past couple of months.
So, today i left work and I already felt on edge. When leaving work I always worry about all kinds of things like: "did I turn off my computer?", "did I do this wrong?", "did I install this wrong?", "did I clock out?". So yeah, I was already not in a perfect state. When I was driving to my therapist, I suddenly felt really sick to my stomach and also really lightheaded. Then I also started shaking really bad without any apparent reason and I had so much trouble parking because I was just shaking too bad. When walking I could feel every step and I felt as if I was gonna faint.
I'm really confused, I'm used to severe anxiety, but it usually leads me to curl up and cry. When I got home kind of broke down. I couldn't help it I just started shaking and crying really bad.
Was that a panic attack? Or just a "regular" anxiety attack? (whatever the difference may be, mainly I just needed to tell someone because I feel like I just don't have the strength to endure feeling like this constantly anymore)

Quick Reply

Latest