The Student Room Group

2018 Consulting Graduate Applications *MEGA THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lunnndoner
Has anyone applied to Bain or Mckinsey?

How did you select your office preference? did you just select London or did you include other locations as well?

I would like to include other offices and have my application sent to more places, but that means downgrading your preference percentage score for each,

I did first preference London, second Amsterdam or New York. Just thought it'd be worth a shot + shows that you're open to international opportunities (which they seem to like given that certain projects could be abroad/ see you working with international counterparts). Doubt it does any harm if you do it or choose not to though...
Original post by robin1125
I did first preference London, second Amsterdam or New York. Just thought it'd be worth a shot + shows that you're open to international opportunities (which they seem to like given that certain projects could be abroad/ see you working with international counterparts). Doubt it does any harm if you do it or choose not to though...

I was under the impression that you had to be fluent at the local language to apply to an office, hence why I didn't even think of applying to other offices in Europe
Anyone had a PwC ac on 25th Oct?
Reply 103
Original post by Speedfile123
Anyone had a PwC ac on 25th Oct?

would this be for consulting? PwC tend to check apps after the deadline date so not sure what the AC on the 25th would have been for ?
I was under the impression that you had to be fluent at the local language to apply to an office, hence why I didn't even think of applying to other offices in Europe

This is correct. Wouldn't worry about it, on my internship I didn't know a word of any other european language and one of my projects had me based in central Europe 3/4 days a week.
Out of interest, which type of consulting have you guys applied for at pwc, and what made you choose that over the others?

I'm unsure on that to be fair, from what I read on the Bain website they said knowing the local language would be advantageous but not necessary.
Original post by mx321
would this be for consulting? PwC tend to check apps after the deadline date so not sure what the AC on the 25th would have been for ?

Ah right I didn't know that
Reply 108

I have a friend who is working in at Mckinsey Dubai, knows no Arabic, so don't worry too much about it I guess
I got a place on the guest list for a Marakon case study workshop, I was wandering if anyone else has been to one of these type of workshops? I've got no idea what to expect and how much I should know before going. I'm not a business graduate and the whole case study thing is totally new to me
Anyone else got an AC for Accenture/ know what the potential dates will be?
Reply 111
Original post by DarkWillow
The PwC tests were pretty standard. I actually failed the EY tests, and passed the PwC tests finding them easier. EY are the only online tests I've failed so far.

Did you answer the work style preference questionnaire with any method? im worried about it as I failed it last time i applied to a summer intern (got exceptional for num and inductive), but the questionnaire let me down. did you try to match the answers with the pwc values or anything?
Just took the Bain numerical test - pretty sure it went terribly which is disappointing given I've been doing well in all my practice tests! The verbal reasoning was pretty sound though. Alas I fear this as far as I'll make it - good luck everyone!
Has anyone had an interview or assessment centre with Deloitte S&O?

I was wondering if they're the same as PwC in that they arrange interviews/AC's after the application deadline?
Reply 114
Has anyone had an interview or assessment centre with Deloitte S&O?

I was wondering if they're the same as PwC in that they arrange interviews/AC's after the application deadline?

Considering deadline for the online job simulation was the 31st i assume we'll find out soon. On the job simulation closing video it said we'll know in the next 2-3 weeks
Reply 115
Original post by mx321
Considering deadline for the online job simulation was the 31st i assume we'll find out soon. On the job simulation closing video it said we'll know in the next 2-3 weeks

Just got an email saying my application is on hold 😕 and I'll be contacted by the 17th. Have you been sent anything?
Original post by mx321

Just got an email saying we’ll be told post deadline after the 4th Nov by the 17th Nov!
Reply 117
Original post by J Edgar
Just got an email saying we’ll be told post deadline after the 4th Nov by the 17th Nov!

Not yet, I only completed the sim last night so i doubt its even gone through the system yet!
Anybody heard from KPMG Strategy?
Reply 119
Original post by Tabby10
Anybody heard from KPMG Strategy?

been waiting since August..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending