The Student Room Group

I would like some sugestions of schools to go to

I am an American with a bachelors degree. Before the war in Ukraine I was looking into going to Med scholl in Dnirp Ukraine. I was interested in going graduate entry once the war started, I heard nothing. It looks like some schools are offering online classes now though. Since I already have a bachelors (in liberal arts and only a little bio related credit) I do not want to go through 6 years but want to go somewhere I can do fewer years and preferably online for what would be years 3 and 4 (if possible like to start at year 4). I heard in the past as long as you have a degree of any kind Ukraine schools with graudate entry programs would just let you in farther along but I have been trying to get in touch direct with schools and so far I have either not heard back yet or schools want me to start in year 1 some saying the med related classes might be ok but was to long ago. I wondered if it would be better to go with a company and they would help get it so I could start part way. Any suggestions of cheap schools, programs, or companies that could help? I also would be interested in actual physical schools for non Ukraine schools but I would like to go somewhere that I can go for 4 years or less I have looked into Philippines as they match the US 4 year system but they require some kind of tests we don't do here. Due to price and time Ukraine would be best with the only problem being the war so I would only be willing to go to a Ukranian university if it is online. Any sugestions about what I should do would be appreciated.
(edited 9 months ago)
Hey there, thanks for posting a question in the Medicine forum. :biggrin:

The Medicine forum gets a high volume of questions being posted, and some of these are already answered by the resources and Megathreads that members of the community and volunteers have created. This is an automatic post which is designed to highlight these resources. Below is a list of threads and articles that could answer your question (you should be looking in the original post of the megathreads). If one of the below threads is a more relevant place to ask your question, please post a reply in that thread to ask your question. If your query is answered by one of the Megathreads or articles linked below, and you would like us to close this thread for you, please reply to this thread with just the words "thank you". A member of our team will then get it locked.

Megathreads
(Please read the first post, before then posting any further questions you have within that thread.)
The "Which Medical School Should I Apply To?" Uberthread
The Ultimate 'Am I Good Enough For Medicine?' Angst Thread
Medicine A-Level subjects queries
Work Experience and Voluntary Work

2023 Applicants:
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2023 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2023 Entry
Medicine 2023 entry for resit / retake / gap year applicants
A100 Medicine for International Students 2023 Entry
Medicine Interview discussion 2023 Entry
2023 entry A100 / A101 Medicine fastest and slowest offer senders
Index of Individual Medical School Applicants' threads 2023 Entry

2024 Applicants :
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2024 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2024 Entry
GAMSAT 2024 / 2025 entry discussions megathread
UCAT 2024 Entry Discussions Megathread

Other application years:
Graduate Entry Medicine 2025 Entry
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2025 Entry

Useful Articles:
GCSE Requirements for Medicine
Everything you need to know about the BMAT
Work Experience as a Graduate or Mature student
Medicine Personal Statement Advice
Medicine Personal Statement Advice (Graduate Entry)
Interview Frequently Asked Questions
MMI Medicine Interview Tips
What to do after an unsuccessful first application

If your query is answered by one of the Megathreads or articles linked above, and you would like us to close this thread for you, please reply to this thread with just the words "thank you". A member of our team will then get it locked.
Reply 2
Original post by Bbwfw1
I am an American with a bachelors degree. Before the war in Ukraine I was looking into going to Med scholl in Dnirp Ukraine. I was interested in going graduate entry once the war started, I heard nothing. It looks like some schools are offering online classes now though. Since I already have a bachelors (in liberal arts and only a little bio related credit) I do not want to go through 6 years but want to go somewhere I can do fewer years and preferably online for what would be years 3 and 4 (if possible like to start at year 4). I heard in the past as long as you have a degree of any kind Ukraine schools with graudate entry programs would just let you in farther along but I have been trying to get in touch direct with schools and so far I have either not heard back yet or schools want me to start in year 1 some saying the med related classes might be ok but was to long ago. I wondered if it would be better to go with a company and they would help get it so I could start part way. Any suggestions of cheap schools, programs, or companies that could help? I know medlinks has a bad reputation here in the past I tried with them, but I prefer email to phone apps Americans dont use and they would say yeah we can email instead and never do my experience with them was not great though I wonder if they might be better about getting students farther along with grad entry then doing it on my own. I also would be interested in actual physical schools for non Ukraine schools but I would like to go somewhere that I can go for 4 years or less I have looked into Philippines as they match the US 4 year system but they require some kind of tests we don't do here. Due to price and time Ukraine would be best with the only problem being the war so I would only be willing to go to a Ukranian university if it is online. Any sugestions about what I should do would be appreciated.

Hi! I'm also looking for online medical uni (but without graduate entry). Ukrainian unis seem to offer most online options. You probably read about that Dnipro institute and its problems. Also since the city is quite near of the war areas (hospital rotations in Dnipro years 4-6 or you organizing them yourself somewhere else that can be extremely difficult or impossible) it's not a good option. Donetsk national medical university has too online studies. It is located in Kirovohrad now. Do they have clinics for rotations outside of Ukraine? I don't know about the graduate entry though. Then Kharkiv institute (through medlinkstudents) offers online studies. Rotations you need to organize yourself. IEU Kiev/Poland offers online studies and they seem to have clinics in Poland. Can you organize the hospital rotations through some company in US? Then I think that Kharkiv could be for you or even that Dnipro. But about the unis themselves I don't really know that much. Also Bay university (Medlink) could be an option (but this seems quite shady). In Georgia at least New vision uni has graduate entry. Please note that absorbing all the med school content is a lot even for six years. Since your bachelors is not premed (chem, bio, physics etc) it sounds like a struggle to to learn all in four years. I would definitely recommend starting from year one. You would miss anatomy, part or all of physiology/biochem, bio etc (if the graduate entry just means joining the students who started to study 2-3 years before you from the year one instead of some special graduate entry group with different study schedule). Most important: don't take short cuts or believe all what the consults tell you. Try to pick up the kind of uni that has graduates, decent reputation and you can find other students' experiences ( I don't mean through consult companies or channels of the uni but independent and honest opinions). If possible, please consider Romania (or Italy if you have requirements to make it with the entrance exam). Even Romania is trustworthy and safe choice compared to those other Eastern European unis ( war in Ukraine, Georgia next to Russia and doesn't belong to EU or NATO). If you look GMC UK list of degrees that may not be accepted or are not accepted, you will find multiple Ukrainian and Georgian unis. Not any Romanian or other EU country med schools. Saving couple of years is not as important as getting a valid degree that enables you to pass exams later in US or other countries where you want to work. I'm my self looking for online option because I need to work at the same time to save money for the offline period. There's no student benefits in my country or possibility to get a new loan for tuition fees since I've already used it and paying it back now. That's the only reason I'm looking for online options. If I would have financial possibility to move in Romania etc, I would definitely do so.
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending