The Student Room Group

Westminster school - sixth form entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by fendicroissant
i did really similar subjects to you! i actually really enjoyed the english lit, but my philosophy answers were so disjointed and i didn't even finish the 25 mark one, so ))): also my personal statement was quite literally trash. i really dont have a chance

honestly same. like ive given up on the school and am expecting my rejection letter
Aww, I was there too, one of the three... lmao
I did the exam today too. I did maths with further maths, physics and chemistry
the maths exam was easier than what I was expecting but i found physics and chemistry quite difficult.
I found maths alright, economics was awful I only knew like 4 of the general knowledge qs, and geography killed me
Original post by whatsgoingonn
I found maths alright, economics was awful I only knew like 4 of the general knowledge qs, and geography killed me

geography was great, i thought! i feel so full of myself saying that though as i doubt i’ll get an interview. what did you find hard about it?
The maths exam was ok but during it i think that i was writing too vigorously and the cap of my pen flew right off and landed on some other guy’s desk 😬
Original post by jupiiter
geography was great, i thought! i feel so full of myself saying that though as i doubt i’ll get an interview. what did you find hard about it?

For the last essay I just kind of babbled, I did the urbanisation one and I just chucked in loads of case studies to back up my point
For the last essay I just kind of babbled, I did the urbanisation one and I just chucked in loads of case studies to back up my point

ah yeah I did the urbanisation one too, thankfully we’re studying it right now in school so the case studies were still fresh in my mind. if i’m honest i found the last question on the map section the hardest (the one about some fieldwork you could do) because we’ve never done anything like that and any field trips we’ve had have been to the beach so it was a bit tricky to figure out what you could investigate in the south downs. i just made something up about the distribution of plants and elevation of the land
do you know how many places there are and when do we know the results
Original post by jonathan52444
do you know how many places there are and when do we know the results

i think in the booklet it says around 70-80 places, so based on the amount of people that were there yesterday i’d say 1 in 10 applicants will get in.
they sent an email the other day saying they’ll be in touch with our current schools on 06/11 and since the interviews are on 25/11 i’d say we’ll probably find out by the end of next week? by 14/11 at the latest i’d think
Original post by passionfruitkiwi
the maths exam was ok but during it i think that i was writing too vigorously and the cap of my pen flew right off and landed on some other guy’s desk 😬

lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Original post by jupiiter
i think in the booklet it says around 70-80 places, so based on the amount of people that were there yesterday i’d say 1 in 10 applicants will get in.
they sent an email the other day saying they’ll be in touch with our current schools on 06/11 and since the interviews are on 25/11 i’d say we’ll probably find out by the end of next week? by 14/11 at the latest i’d think

The anticipation is crazy
Original post by Bandwagon
The anticipation is crazy

i know, i can’t stop thinking about it
I cant stop thinking about it either
same
Reply 75
so i forgot to put some things down on my personal statement like the fact ive done DofE for example and my teacher said i should contact the school and let them know that ive done these things as i didn't put anything down in sports but im not sure if i should?
Original post by jada11
so i forgot to put some things down on my personal statement like the fact ive done DofE for example and my teacher said i should contact the school and let them know that ive done these things as i didn't put anything down in sports but im not sure if i should?

personally, i don't think it would really make a difference. but go ahead if you want to.
I got an interview looool
I got an interview looool

sameee
i was shocked because i thought i had done terribly
I didn't get in but congratulations to both of you!
That is excellent, of course you did well!

Quick Reply

Latest