The Student Room Group

Doing a 5th A-Level

(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
[QUOTE=...

Are you going to take all five to A2? If so that could detriment your offer completely
Neither Electronics nor Biology would benefit or detract from an application to Engineering. Additionally there are a fair number of Medicine courses that do not require Biology.

You would be best focusing on your 4 subjects and not worrying about chasing additional ones - you already have a greater than usual workload, and AAABB is much worse than A*A*A, when applying to either of these courses.
I'm thinking of joining biology soon as well. The head of a level biology hasn't been available the last few days so I have to wait until Monday. I do maths chemistry and economics and will probably drop economics soon if not definitely a2. (I don't need econ I just like it)
Honestly life gets harder at A2 with 4, nevermind 5...

You need 3 only. Get the best grades in them rather than focusing on 5 different ones.

You have alot more to talk about on you PS than most people!
Yes you can drop electronics and do Biology, it is a respectable course but it's going to be hard at A2 with 5 A levels. You should only do Biology if you really enjoyed it, because it will be hard to be on top during revision period.
Hey, I'm in a very similar situation as you and honestly I'm actually quite shocked.

I've been taking Physics, Chemistry and Maths(and Computer Science through self-teaching) for a while now and I've finally decided to take Biology too. I was really good at it during my IGCSEs and my teacher was especially very kind and thoughtful towards me although I'm more of a delinquent really. Moreover, I gave my IGCSE exam this summer and got a straight A* with minimal effort and so I think it will be a better choice to take this as Information Technology was just not getting in my head. With that being said, I'm a 100% certain I'll drop Biology(along with Computer Science) when I go to A2, so I'll only be appearing for three since University's mostly only consider three. Doing these 5AS however will open up doors for me in the Medicine as well as the Engineering courses so I think the pain will be worth it in the long run.

Honestly, I'm so glad that there are actually people who are actually considering what I'm and that I'm not the only one in this very-possible suicide brilliant idea.
[QUOTE=..

Do you go to a private school?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending