The Student Room Group

Theories on Human Behaviors

Hi All, I am having problems finding the correct theories to apply to human behaviors like (1) aggression, (2) being organized, and (3) smoking. For each behavior, I must apply ONE of the theoretical perspectives to explain how that behavior may have been acquired. Thank you very much for your help.

San Marino
1. Aggression is a vital aspect of living as a animal in order to protect resources and take mates.
2. Organising promotes progression and puts you in good habits to start things and not procrastinate.
3. Addictive compounds like nicotine leads to a need or compulsion for more of a certain compound.

You could go much further of course. I'm just giving some random ideas.
Reply 2
Original post by Personinsertname
1. Aggression is a vital aspect of living as a animal in order to protect resources and take mates.
2. Organising promotes progression and puts you in good habits to start things and not procrastinate.
3. Addictive compounds like nicotine leads to a need or compulsion for more of a certain compound.

You could go much further of course. I'm just giving some random ideas.

Hi Personinsertname, thank you for your reply. I am looking for a specific theory developed by a psychologist and apply the theory to the human behavior.
Original post by SAN_MARINO
Hi Personinsertname, thank you for your reply. I am looking for a specific theory developed by a psychologist and apply the theory to the human behavior.

It is rare to find a theory authored solely by one psychologist. Are you sure that is part of the criteria of this assessment?
Reply 4
Original post by Noodlzzz
It is rare to find a theory authored solely by one psychologist. Are you sure that is part of the criteria of this assessment?

Hi Noodlzzz, here is the original instructions from the teacher. Thank you for your help.

Instructions:
This assessment will be used to determine how well you have learned Course Learning Outcome 1, "Analyze human behavior using theories from the major theoretical perspectives of psychology."
You will be writing ONCE and ONLY ONCE about each of the following behaviors: Aggression, Being Organized, and Smoking.
For each behavior, you must apply ONE of the theoretical perspectives to explain how that behavior may have been acquired. You must use each theory once, and only once. For example, if you use Biological Theory to explain "Aggression", you may NOT use Biological Theory for either "Being Organized" or "Smoking". You only need to write a brief description (probably around 3 sentences or less!) for each.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending