The Student Room Group

AQA A level Psychology 2023 predictions

Does anyone have any predictions of the topics that may come up for the psychology papers from looking at older past papers, I don't plan on banking on any ideas for the exams I just thought it may be a helpful discussion to see if anyone has the same ideas? I saw it done for previous years and I thought it might be helpful for those sitting this years exams too
Original post by discordhmmm
Does anyone have any predictions of the topics that may come up for the psychology papers from looking at older past papers, I don't plan on banking on any ideas for the exams I just thought it may be a helpful discussion to see if anyone has the same ideas? I saw it done for previous years and I thought it might be helpful for those sitting this years exams too

thank you for making this, I was looking for one!

one thing my teacher said about the RELATIONSHIPS option is that Social Exchange Theory is unlikely to be an 8/16 marker as it has been previously - might be a smaller question but unlikely to be a bigger question.

as for anything else, I’m quite lost and I’m eager to know what others think!
there's never been an 8 or 16 marker for media influences in aggression so i think that's likely to come up
my psych teacher thinks a 12 marker 'design a study' question will come up in research methods because even though last years exam had one it was answered badly.

and for approaches: the cognitive approach hasn't ever come up in an 8/16 marker, the humanistic approach has been asked about 3 times, there's been one question on both the biological and psychodynamic approach and there's been 2 questions on behaviorism. not really a prediction but i'm definitely going to structure my 16 marker planning based on the pattern.
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending