The Student Room Group

FORMAL DINNER - Fashion Advice Pls

Hi all,

I have this wonderful formal dinner coming up - Snow Ball (see what they did there?) - and need some ideas for what to do with my hair and make up because I am godawful at things like this!

My dress is pretty long on me and my theme is silver, I already have the shoes, shawl and clutch bag to go with it. My hair is quite long, it reaches the middle of my back, and the style has to be relatively simple as I have sports in the afternoon until about 4 pm and dinner is at 6 pm. I also have no styling tools or abilities but may be able to leech off the other girls if I need a hand.

Something unique would be great, but bear in mind it's a formal dinner, stricter than a prom, but not as strict as a full blown military dinner

Dress: http://www.wallis.co.uk/en/wluk/product/black-embellished-split-front-overlay-dress-6836837

^^ This isn't the actual dress, it's the same style but imagine little diamonds all over as opposed to just on the shoulders

I know I've given some painfully awkward limitations, but any help would be gratefully appreciated!!
Reply 1
Hi, I would recommend a more natural makeup look with a light lip and blush (pink probably, but it depends on ur skin tone) and a slight silver eyeshadow or eyeliner (mascaras good also if u want it). For hair I think a half up half down would look really nice, and its not too fussy either. Hope this helped (although wear in mind I'm defo no expert!!!!)

Quick Reply

Latest