The Student Room Group

Costume design personal statement advice

Hi, I am hoping to study costume design in university and i am struggling to get started with my personal statement.

Does anyone have any advice on what to include for this course or any advice on how to write a strong introduction for a creative subject.

Thanks
:p:E:h::h::colonhash::auto::beard::bike::banana2::banana::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee:
Reply 1
soz about the emojis that was an accident
hope u get a response!!! :h::h::badger::bandit::banana2::cool::animal::gfight::borat::nyan::shakecane::angelwings:
Original post by tulipinacup_
soz about the emojis that was an accident
Original post by tulipinacup_
Hi, I am hoping to study costume design in university and i am struggling to get started with my personal statement.

Does anyone have any advice on what to include for this course or any advice on how to write a strong introduction for a creative subject.

Thanks
:p:E:h::h::colonhash::auto::beard::bike::banana2::banana::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee:

Hi @tulipinacup_

I applied for fashion design but I thought I could help.

I found it best to write about things I was genuinely interested in and actually liked. For example, I included some designers that I was inspired by or who I liked. I wrote about my interest in the subject and also what I would like to achieve in the future, such as where I see myself once I graduate.

Remember to write as if you are talking to the universities about your subject. You want to stay formal with your writing, but also sound genuine and passionate about costume. You could also include why you love the subject or how you got involved in the subject. But you can also include some other interests and achievements that may not directly link to costume, but could show your variety or skills or deeper interest in other subjects.

I hope this helps and good luck with your application!

Emily
Student Ambassador at BCU
Reply 4
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @tulipinacup_

I applied for fashion design but I thought I could help.

I found it best to write about things I was genuinely interested in and actually liked. For example, I included some designers that I was inspired by or who I liked. I wrote about my interest in the subject and also what I would like to achieve in the future, such as where I see myself once I graduate.

Remember to write as if you are talking to the universities about your subject. You want to stay formal with your writing, but also sound genuine and passionate about costume. You could also include why you love the subject or how you got involved in the subject. But you can also include some other interests and achievements that may not directly link to costume, but could show your variety or skills or deeper interest in other subjects.

I hope this helps and good luck with your application!

Emily
Student Ambassador at BCU

Hi,
Thank you so much for your reply, this has really helped! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending