The Student Room Group

Work experience!

Hey guys, I’ve missed lots of school and I’m just starting again, and I need to apply for my own work experience.

Does anyone have any fun suggestions? I know work experience is meant to be practical and getting you ready for the real life but since I’m planning to be a lawyer in the future- maybe even a teacher- I don’t fancy being a solicitor’s assistant fetching documents all day. And I’m nervous to work in a school as I had a terrible experience being bullied in primary school and I’m worried the kids won’t necessarily like me.

Are there any good stores I could work in? What do you do in retail for work experience?

Many thanks
Reply 1
Bump
I've just completed a placement year as a college biology technician and thoroughly enjoyed it. Maybe you could ask your school if you could help out the science technicians. Only problem is they might be a bit funny about having a student depending on your age due to the chemicals etc.
Reply 3
Original post by 2007PSanHa
I've just completed a placement year as a college biology technician and thoroughly enjoyed it. Maybe you could ask your school if you could help out the science technicians. Only problem is they might be a bit funny about having a student depending on your age due to the chemicals etc.

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending