The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I have absolutely no idea. Basically, I'll probably be doing some form of Postgraduate education, but I haven't decided which yet.

An MA in Translation appeals to me, but it's such a hard field to find employment in that I'm not sure it'd be worth it. Equally some form of Journalism certificate appeals too, but again, it's so competitive.

If all else fails, I'll probably take a primary PGCE, possibly with some form of languages, and teach primary school. That's my back up plan, if all else fails. It's my last resort, but I know I'd be alright at it, as I did some work experience this summer. Somehow all my work experience has ended up being in primary schools in some way or another.

Although the Civil Service fast track scheme looks promising, and I'd prefer that to teaching, if I could get onto it.
Reply 21
I may well do postgraduate of some kind, after my BSc/BA, perhaps at Bristol or Warwick or somewhere, or Oxford if I'm good enough by then.

I also spontaneously decided (last night :biggrin:) that I might quite like to go into journalism so I might give that a go, although it'll no doubt be scarily competitive. If not, maybe a finance-sort of job in the city...not something I particularly fancy at the moment, but who knows?

I'd also like to do some travelling/backpacking at some stage. Europe, North America and Australia appeal to me in particular.

Conure
I'd actually love to write a book which contributes something to people, be it fictional or more academic.
Me too! I'd really love to write a book that I'm proud of and that I can leave behind. Although I find it hard to see what I could write about that would be anywhere that significant, honestly.
Reply 22
I'm hopefully going to carrying on doing the work I'm doing now as a volunteer but get paid for it, then should the project work - take it national and really make a difference.

Latest

Trending

Trending