The Student Room Group

Can I switch from Pharmacology to Pharmacy at another university?

I'm currently studying Pharmacology at the University of Hertfordshire, but I was wondering is there a way of transferring to another university to do Pharmacy after this first year of Pharmacology if I get a good grade?
My tutors aren't being helpful and I'm still bouncing around the idea of transferring because I want to know more about my options but are there any people out there that have done this, or know of anyone who has?

I'm still thinking about it and want a little more information.

Thanks a lot!
Its tough to say, I would contact any universities you are interested in and ask them for more info. I know quite a few people on my course that did a pharmacology degree before doing pharmacy, but not sure of any that just did the first year and transferred.
Reply 2
Original post by DineyDoll
I'm currently studying Pharmacology at the University of Hertfordshire, but I was wondering is there a way of transferring to another university to do Pharmacy after this first year of Pharmacology if I get a good grade?
My tutors aren't being helpful and I'm still bouncing around the idea of transferring because I want to know more about my options but are there any people out there that have done this, or know of anyone who has?

I'm still thinking about it and want a little more information.

Thanks a lot!

Hiya!!

Am a pharmacology graduate who is in the process of going back to do pharmacy. I can't speak for your university but if you're considering switching would strongly suggest you do it now. I say that because if you completed pharmacology had wanted to go back at do pharmacy you may be in a position where you may have to pay international fees instead of home student fees - ELQ. While I have no regrets about studying pharmacology, after working in the pharmaceutical industry I fine pharmacy would increase my options in terms of where to work and offer me the flexibility of raising a family - apologies if this is a little deeper than you're asking. Irrespective go with your gut. Speak to the pharmacy tutor and see what they say - ask them direct questions because it is your future you're thinking about after all.

I hope this helps.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
Original post by Megaloblastic
Its tough to say, I would contact any universities you are interested in and ask them for more info. I know quite a few people on my course that did a pharmacology degree before doing pharmacy, but not sure of any that just did the first year and transferred.

Hi! I'm currently a pharmacology student and want to do pharmacy. What kind of grades did they need to get into pharmacy and which unis did they apply to. Would be great if you know :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shurti
Hi! I'm currently a pharmacology student and want to do pharmacy. What kind of grades did they need to get into pharmacy and which unis did they apply to. Would be great if you know :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure on the grades, but If they wanted to transfer then I'm guessing that the grades they needed would have been the same as whatever the pharmacy school entry requirments. If you graduate with a pharmacology degree then grades will count for very little, if anything at all I would have thought.
Again, not sure what other unis they applyed for, but as they are in Cardiff uni, I can be sure that they did apply there :tongue:

Your best bet though is to contact any school of pharmacy you are interested in and ask them about it
Reply 5
Original post by Megaloblastic
Not sure on the grades, but If they wanted to transfer then I'm guessing that the grades they needed would have been the same as whatever the pharmacy school entry requirments. If you graduate with a pharmacology degree then grades will count for very little, if anything at all I would have thought.
Again, not sure what other unis they applyed for, but as they are in Cardiff uni, I can be sure that they did apply there :tongue:

Your best bet though is to contact any school of pharmacy you are interested in and ask them about it

Yep that's what I'm going to do as different unis have different requirements. I've applied to pharmacy this year and I'm in second year of pharmacology, only got 1 interview eventhough i have got 75% in first year and same for the first semester of second year, the rest rejected me so waiting on that uni to get back to me. If I don't get an offer from them definitely applying again next year, hopefully once I complete this degree, ill have more chances of getting into pharmacy :/
How are you finding pharmacy anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Please I was offered admission into university of Glasgow on pharmacology and I'm interested in pharmacy should I decline and apply to other schools or I can switch after a year??
Reply 7
Original post by Collinsz
Please I was offered admission into university of Glasgow on pharmacology and I'm interested in pharmacy should I decline and apply to other schools or I can switch after a year??
Hey I’m literally at the same situation, I’ve got a Glasgow University pharmacology offer and I’m wondering if I can switch to pharmacy just like you! You got any advice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending