The Student Room Group

Maths, Biology, Economics or Psychology?

I need to choose my A-levels soon and i'm having trouble deciding my fourth (I will start with four and then drop one after the first term). At the moment I'm set on history, sociology and spanish and for my fourth im trying to choose between maths, biology, economic or psychology. Psychology looks the most interesting but I don't know if this combination is too soft, economics also looks interesting but i don't want to do too many essay subjects. I enjoy maths and biology at GCSE but Im worried i won't at a-level.

any opinions and experiences are appreciated!
(edited 6 years ago)
bump
Reply 2
When I started my A levels I was doing maths, biology, economics, latin

I quickly changed economics to english literature and dropped maths entirely

From my experiences I would recommend biology - the papers and topics are fairly similar to the GCSE ones, just more in depth.

It depends what you want to do any university but just based on subjects alone I would say go for biology.
Reply 3
I personally love A-level biology and i'm so glad i took it. Try looking at uni courses that you're interested in and see what subjects they recommend? if you are really unsure why not just stick with 3 subjects? you'll give yourself more time to focus of those and get the best grades possible :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest