Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Hi all,
    I'm hoping someone can help. I currently had a non medical degree, and am considering going back to university to study medicine. I know, I'm mad. I'm just wondering what my best route into this is? I've been really confused by all the different information I've seen. Also is there any funding available to me? I have used the four years student finance I am allowed, for my undergraduate degree. If anyone can help, it would be most appreciated.
    • Community Assistant

    Community Assistant
    You need to look into graduate entry medicine. It is designed specifically for people like you, and is almost all funded by SFE/NHS. Some courses have a requirement for a science-based degree, some do not.

    It is very competitive. Much more so than undergraduate-entry. Be warned!

    I know some who did music as their first degree and is now a couple of years into the a100! They do have to self fund, but they did save up. They also had to do an A-level in chemistry in night school.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.