Well here is my situation. I joined in mid September as weekend works. My contract is temporary for Saturday and Sunday for 8 hours. It ends on end of December . I found out from my work thing that I can have 11.5 hours of holiday. But I was wondering what is the last day these holidays are valid for e.g when does the year starts for primark .. to be honest j can't explain this. Also, I'm thinking of using this holidays for one week in mid nivember. Primark told me that my contract may renew when it expires and they may give me part time. So if they do give me it, how much holidays will I be eligible to . Let's say they give 8 hours for weekend shift. I want to go to holiday on February time and was wondering whether they can give me month off or will I have to leave the job to go to holiday. Also if I did leave during my contract being valid, do I have to pay them to leave??? .... sorry they are so many questions within this but I need help? Some of these may not make sense so please do ask if you want me to explain in other words.
Turn on thread page Beta
Primark holidays help watch
- Thread Starter
- 31-10-2017 11:42
- Community Assistant
- 31-10-2017 14:21
You'll have to ask your manager most of these questions.
- When the year starts and ends in terms of holidays depends on the company. At one store I worked at it was April-March and in my current one it's January-December
- You have to book holidays in advance, so make sure you do that as mid-November is pretty soon
- It's hard to say how much holiday you'll get if you're made permanent, so you have to ask your manager
- You want to go on holiday for the whole of February? It's unlikely they will give you the entire month off, as that isn't fair on other workers. If you've already booked your holiday, then you'll have to ask your manager if you are made permanent what you should do
- Why would you have to pay them to leave? That never happens. If you do decide to leave your job, you just hand your notice in within the notice period and you'll be fine.