The Student Room Group

Oxford 2018 Official Invitations to Interview (GENERAL THREAD FOR OXFORD APPLICANTS)

Scroll to see replies

Name: Tj
GCSE Results: 3A* 7A 1B
AS Subjects & results: Eng Lit - A, Religious Studies: Philosophy and Ethics - B, Art and Design
A2 Subjects & predictions: English Lit- A, Religious Studies: Philosophy and Ethics - A*, Art and Design A* (achieved)
Which college: Brasenose
What degree: Fine Art

Im confirmed for an interview from dec 4-6th
Original post by TheBirder
Just got an invitation to interview for Biological Sciences!

Do you need to prepare for the interview? If so, how? I feel like my biology general knowledge is pretty good tbh.

Reread your personal statement. Ensure you have read anything you referred to having read or that you professed to having a specific interest in. Read some recent copies of whichever magazine publication/journal is recommended for your subject at your sort of level. Don't go in hungry or overtired. Smile and be yourself. Listen carefully and don't assume they are trying to catch you out. Hope that is useful!
Original post by mariapcosta
I don't really have too much hopes in getting in, but going to an interview feels like the least I can achieve after all the work put in my application... I guess it might be silly but tbh I feel exactly the same, hopefully we'll both be interviewed!!

Here's hoping!
Name: GeorgiaGCSE Results: 8A*2A
AS Subjects & results: Maths (B - C1: C (going to resit lol bc freaked out in the exam) C2: A S1: A)
A2 Subjects & predictions: English Language & Literaure, Mathematics w/ Statistics and French (A*A*A)
Which college: St Hildas because it has such a nice vibe and is right next to the river
What degree: French and ab initio Italian
And 3 things you about yourself you like because it's nice to boost your confidence in such a stressful process lol: I do dance (aerial silks) and piano, I'm vegan and I love to travel! update : I got in !!!
(edited 5 years ago)
How realistic do you think it would be to try and visit the Natural History Museum when at Oxford for interviews?

I'd quite like to, but don't how feasible that would be. Since I've got an interview for biological sciences, I can pretend that I'm doing it as interview prep, lol.
How realistic do you think it would be to try and visit the Natural History Museum when at Oxford for interviews?

I'd quite like to, but don't how feasible that would be. Since I've got an interview for biological sciences, I can pretend that I'm doing it as interview prep, lol.

Provided you mean the one in Oxford and not London, according to Google Maps it's an 11-minute walk from Brasenose College so definitely feasible (it's on Parks Road). You definitely have time to do stuff nearish the city centre in between interviews, just keep your phone on. :smile:

For historians or humanities/arts students I'd also recommend the Ashmolean which is pretty accessible.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by auburnstar
Provided you mean the one in Oxford and not London, according to Google Maps it's an 11-minute walk from Brasenose College so definitely feasible (it's on Parks Road). You definitely have time to do stuff nearish the city centre in between interviews, just keep your phone on. :smile:

For historians or humanities/arts students I'd also recommend the Ashmolean which is pretty accessible.

Yeah, the Oxford one. Been to the London one a few times when I've visited London. It's awesome. Apparently, the Oxford Natural History museum has bits of a real Dodo and loads of Thylacines!

Interviewer: "Why Oxford and not Cambridge?"
Me: "There's actual bits of a frickin' Dodo at Oxford!!!"

Yes, it's entirely feasible - no more than 15 minutes stroll from Broad, and compact enough to have a pretty good look round (and take in the Dodo) in a short time.

It's a gem of a place and might even be my favourite museum. And don't forget to pop into the Pitt-Rivers - the entrance is at the back of the main hall.
(edited 6 years ago)
Anyone got an interview at Jesus College for History and Politics or PPE yet ?
GCSEs: A*A* - I moved from Canada at the start of year 12 so I've only got 2 lol. English lang and maths though, so I've got the essentials.
A levels (achieved): A*A*A*A (French, History, English lit, Maths)
Course: History and French
College: Christ Church because the accommodation is supposed to be pretty good.

No news on interviews but I'm told that history and modern language invitations normally come out quite late.

Is anyone else going for ChCh? And if so, why did you choose it?
Also, for humanities, do most interviewed students get interviews at more than one college? And are there any stats available on the number of students who get interviewed at more than 1 college?
Hey guys. I haven't get any invitations yet but if I can only stay for a day and a half shall I email my college about it so maybe they can schedule my 2 inteeviews in the 1st and morning of the 2nd day? Would this affect my chance of getting interviewed?
At interview, will I be asked why I chose the college?
Reply 53
At interview, will I be asked why I chose the college?

They are not supposed to, because you might have made an open application without specifying a college. Second or third interviews will likely be at additional colleges, even if you did make a specific application.

Having said that, I have heard that this question is sometimes asked and so I would have something prepared.
I’m actually going insane awaiting a response, I just want them to put me out of my misery already!
Is anyone applying for Queen's law? :frown: feeling so miserable right now seeing that other colleges have started giving out interview offers!
Reply 56
anyone got idea when will the interview invites for Materials Science be sent?
Does anyone know when will the interview invitations for biomedical sciences be sent out? Thanks!!
Reply 58
Name: Maddie
GCSE Results: 8A*2A
AS Subjects & results: Spanish - A
A2 Subjects: Already got my grades (gap yaaah), English Lit, Spanish, History, EPQ, A*A*A*A*
Which college: Lincoln, it's small and cosy
What degree: History and Spanish
And 3 things you about yourself you like because it's nice to boost your confidence in such a stressful process lol: I love animals so much, I stan Herodotus, and I got good A level grades despite being in and out of hospital
Anyone heard when economics and management interviews offers come out?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending