Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am currently applying through UCAS to study at university. I feel like the University of Portsmouth is ideal for Physics, but I just want to be 100% sure that people like it there.

Cheers.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    It's a fine university - it's not really considered a "top tier" university but it's not bad by any means. A friend of mine went there and liked it well enough (not for physics mind you). I wouldn't suggest it's Physics department was particularly exceptional however, but it is one of the few courses which will take individuals who only have one of Maths and Physics without requiring a foundation year, which may make it ideal for your situation potentially.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by artful_lounger)
    It's a fine university - it's not really considered a "top tier" university but it's not bad by any means. A friend of mine went there and liked it well enough (not for physics mind you). I wouldn't suggest it's Physics department was particularly exceptional however, but it is one of the few courses which will take individuals who only have one of Maths and Physics without requiring a foundation year, which may make it ideal for your situation potentially.
    Thankyou for your reply. I will still consider this as an option
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    It depends mate on the list of universities you have in mind, if Plymouth outweighs other institutions you have in mind in terms of prospects, accreditation & rankings then I'd advise you to proceed.
    But generally speaking, it is regarded as a fine uni and you have opportunity to progress and perhaps embark on postgraduate studies at more reputable one!
    All the best!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    The University of Portsmouth forum is the best place to ask, so I've moved your thread into here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andyjamesb197)
    I am currently applying through UCAS to study at university. I feel like the University of Portsmouth is ideal for Physics, but I just want to be 100% sure that people like it there.

Cheers.
    I’m loving it there! I study English Lit but have seminars and lectures all over campus and the facilities are brilliant. There’s loads of stuff to do around the city as well! I definitely recommend it here!

If you have any specific questions I’m happy to answer them - Amy
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.