The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Is the University of Portsmouth a good university?

I am currently applying through UCAS to study at university. I feel like the University of Portsmouth is ideal for Physics, but I just want to be 100% sure that people like it there.

Cheers.
It's a fine university - it's not really considered a "top tier" university but it's not bad by any means. A friend of mine went there and liked it well enough (not for physics mind you). I wouldn't suggest it's Physics department was particularly exceptional however, but it is one of the few courses which will take individuals who only have one of Maths and Physics without requiring a foundation year, which may make it ideal for your situation potentially.
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Original post by artful_lounger
It's a fine university - it's not really considered a "top tier" university but it's not bad by any means. A friend of mine went there and liked it well enough (not for physics mind you). I wouldn't suggest it's Physics department was particularly exceptional however, but it is one of the few courses which will take individuals who only have one of Maths and Physics without requiring a foundation year, which may make it ideal for your situation potentially.

Thankyou for your reply. I will still consider this as an option :smile:
It depends mate on the list of universities you have in mind, if Plymouth outweighs other institutions you have in mind in terms of prospects, accreditation & rankings then I'd advise you to proceed.
But generally speaking, it is regarded as a fine uni and you have opportunity to progress and perhaps embark on postgraduate studies at more reputable one! :smile:
All the best!
The University of Portsmouth forum is the best place to ask, so I've moved your thread into here.:wink:
Original post by Andyjamesb197
I am currently applying through UCAS to study at university. I feel like the University of Portsmouth is ideal for Physics, but I just want to be 100% sure that people like it there.

Cheers.

I’m loving it there! I study English Lit but have seminars and lectures all over campus and the facilities are brilliant. There’s loads of stuff to do around the city as well! I definitely recommend it here!

If you have any specific questions I’m happy to answer them - Amy :smile:
Portsmouth is not a highly ranked university.
Original post by Student2021a
Portsmouth is not a highly ranked university.

This was posted 4 years ago.. I'm sure OP graduated by now :smile:.
Reply 8
Original post by summerbirdreads
This was posted 4 years ago.. I'm sure OP graduated by now :smile:.

lmaoooo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending