The Student Room Group

Need an advice

Hey there this is aqeel.. i missed opportunity somehow for Sep intake in England cause I didn’t receive my desired universities offer letter for bachelors in biomedical sciences… if i look forward to Jan intake will i have many better affordable options for biomedical sciences in England especially in london or should i just go with offers which i already got
Reply 1
There are very few courses with Jan intakes. Have you checked clearing?
Original post by Ahmad131
Hey there this is aqeel.. i missed opportunity somehow for Sep intake in England cause I didn’t receive my desired universities offer letter for bachelors in biomedical sciences… if i look forward to Jan intake will i have many better affordable options for biomedical sciences in England especially in london or should i just go with offers which i already got

I dont fully understand this but I will try to answer what I think you are trying to get to.

Firstly London is extremely expensive and will be so whether in Jan or any other time.

Not all universities have January intakes so you will be limited.

I take it the offers you have are in the UK. Without knowing where you have offers from it is impossible to answer. Where do you think you might get better offers from in January that will be better than these.

Have a look on A level results day to see what is available then in clearing.
Reply 3
Original post by ajj2000
There are very few courses with Jan intakes. Have you checked clearing?
hey I didn’t that’s why asking in general as there are alot universities.. so will i have to check every university and course availability by looking upto each university web

Original post by swanseajack1
I dont fully understand this but I will try to answer what I think you are trying to get to.

Firstly London is extremely expensive and will be so whether in Jan or any other time.

Not all universities have January intakes so you will be limited.

I take it the offers you have are in the UK. Without knowing where you have offers from it is impossible to answer. Where do you think you might get better offers from in January that will be better than these.

Have a look on A level results day to see what is available then in clearing.

Actually i got offers from Portsmouth.. hertfordshire and bangor .. so I didn’t like any of these .. i wanted to have kingston university offer for biomedical sciences which I didn’t get .. So that’s why asking if i again apply for Jan intake .. would it be beneficial or not
Original post by Ahmad131
Actually i got offers from Portsmouth.. hertfordshire and bangor .. so I didn’t like any of these .. i wanted to have kingston university offer for biomedical sciences which I didn’t get .. So that’s why asking if i again apply for Jan intake .. would it be beneficial or not

Why dont you like these. Where are you thinking of. Check whether they Jan intake.
Original post by swanseajack1
Why dont you like these. Where are you thinking of. Check whether they Jan intake.

Having done a check look at the Complete University guide Bangor and Portsmouth are higher ranked in both the general and biomedical sciences tables than Kingston. It is odd that Kingston rejected you and the others didnt. Have you checked why Kingston rejected you. What is it about the others you dont like. Are you just trying to get close to London. Portsmouth isnt too far away by train
Reply 6
The majority of courses at UK Unis do not have January intakes.

Go to Portsmouth - its a perfectly sensible Uni with a good reputation for science subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending