The Student Room Group

Clearing advice for Radiography??

After exams I figured out the courses I applied for are just not for me, and I’d like to do diagnostic radiography. It’s too late for my insurance university to let me swap courses so I have to go through clearing. Has anyone successfully gotten onto a Diagnostic radiography course through clearing? And could you give me any advice? I’m honestly extra worried about it because I’m not feeling good about how the exams went. If there’s anyone who got into the radiography course at Portsmouth specifically through clearing as it’s where I’m hoping to go, could you give any advice and tell me about your experience getting onto the course through clearing?
Original post by aaryas0803
After exams I figured out the courses I applied for are just not for me, and I’d like to do diagnostic radiography. It’s too late for my insurance university to let me swap courses so I have to go through clearing. Has anyone successfully gotten onto a Diagnostic radiography course through clearing? And could you give me any advice? I’m honestly extra worried about it because I’m not feeling good about how the exams went. If there’s anyone who got into the radiography course at Portsmouth specifically through clearing as it’s where I’m hoping to go, could you give any advice and tell me about your experience getting onto the course through clearing?

Hello,

So basically I applied to three 3 unis thru clearing. they have said an academic or an admission advisor will be in touch to ask me any ques or to interview me etc.
I haven't been successful yet but hopefully soon.

Have u applied thru clearing?
Reply 2
Original post by lamiyak0002
Hello,

So basically I applied to three 3 unis thru clearing. they have said an academic or an admission advisor will be in touch to ask me any ques or to interview me etc.

Hi yes I did. I actually didn’t get the grades needed for radiography anywhere but I’ve gotten into Portsmouth for the Science foundation year and they interviewed me for DR before I put my clearing choice into ucas and I was told at the end of the interview I was successful and have been accepted for DR at portsmouth in 2024 (obviously as long as i complete the foundation year i assume to a certain grade). depending where you live i suggest trying Portsmouth through clearing.
Original post by aaryas0803
Hi yes I did. I actually didn’t get the grades needed for radiography anywhere but I’ve gotten into Portsmouth for the Science foundation year and they interviewed me for DR before I put my clearing choice into ucas and I was told at the end of the interview I was successful and have been accepted for DR at portsmouth in 2024 (obviously as long as i complete the foundation year i assume to a certain grade). depending where you live i suggest trying Portsmouth through clearing.

oh wow, that's great news!

Well done and good luck with your course!
Original post by lamiyak0002
Hello,

For you interview prep, make sure you understand the DR role (watch a few 'day in the life of a DR' on Youtube) and be ready to relate your work/vounteering experience to the NHS values. Good luck and let us know how you get on. :smile:
Original post by normaw
For you interview prep, make sure you understand the DR role (watch a few 'day in the life of a DR' on Youtube) and be ready to relate your work/vounteering experience to the NHS values. Good luck and let us know how you get on. :smile:

Hi,

Thank you for your advice.

I have just been offered a place in Suffolk.

St Georges, university of London will give me a call today.

So yh hopefully I will be able to smash through all of them.
That's great news. Good luck with the rest of your interviews.

Quick Reply

Latest