The Student Room Group
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University

RGU Midwifery Applicants 2018

Hello!
Is anyone applying for midwifery at RGU to start September 2018?
What kind of experience have you got to put in your application?
Reply 1
I'm second year nursing so can't really answer midwifery questions. But if there's anything you wanna know about the school of nursing and midwifery or the uni or city feel free to ask and I'll try answer.
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University
Hi, can I ask what the time tables like for midwifery. As I have young children and would be traveling back and forth from Forres so just wanted to find out if it's the 5 days a week when your at the uni. Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by Skcalder84
Hi, can I ask what the time tables like for midwifery. As I have young children and would be traveling back and forth from Forres so just wanted to find out if it's the 5 days a week when your at the uni. Thanks

Just had a look at the midwifery time table and it seems that it changes weekly, either 3, 4 or 5 days a week. It's the same in nursing, one week we can be in 5 days with 4 tutorials and next 3 days with 1 tutorial. It's not 9-5 either it can be some days but can also be 10-2 or 9-11 (some examples) and pretty much changes every week. Some lectures stay in time slots and others don't.
Only other thing to be aware of is in year 1 I did skills classes until 7pm, so it can be later than 5 and skills classes day/ time changed every week.
Original post by Swagio
Just had a look at the midwifery time table and it seems that it changes weekly, either 3, 4 or 5 days a week. It's the same in nursing, one week we can be in 5 days with 4 tutorials and next 3 days with 1 tutorial. It's not 9-5 either it can be some days but can also be 10-2 or 9-11 (some examples) and pretty much changes every week. Some lectures stay in time slots and others don't.
Only other thing to be aware of is in year 1 I did skills classes until 7pm, so it can be later than 5 and skills classes day/ time changed every week.

Thanks for getting back to me. I was also having a look at other threads! Do rgu only accept 30 students per year? I also noticed that there are quite a lot of students that don't get in! Scary as I could only study from Aberdeen due to having children. How could I find out if I have the grades to get into it? Is there a guidance department that you may have details for that I can email? Thanks so much for ur help! X
Reply 5
Thanks for getting back to me. I was also having a look at other threads! Do rgu only accept 30 students per year? I also noticed that there are quite a lot of students that don't get in! Scary as I could only study from Aberdeen due to having children. How could I find out if I have the grades to get into it? Is there a guidance department that you may have details for that I can email? Thanks so much for ur help! X

UCAS would have the entry requirements including grades, or rgu website. Unis generally don't defer from these.
I'm not sure about intake numbers to be honest, especially midwifery, but it does change yearly, my cohort took about 55 I believe but the same branch 2 years ago only took about 30 or possibly less (what I was told by that year at least!).
I think lots of people don't get in but that's not just rgu, at all unis. It can be pretty competitive and it's important to do a good personal statement and try sell yourself- experience even personal is really good to speak about and what you've gained from this.
I dunno about midwifery but nursing applicant numbers have fallen a lot from this September so may be a bit less competition.
Reply 6

Hi, have you interviewed yet? I'll be commuting from Lossiemouth if i get in xx
The time table can be 5 days or 3 days varies week to week. Someone for a couple of hours and sometimes all day. Varies every week and can involve additional time for you to meet with group members.

Quick Reply

Latest