The Student Room Group

2 years of previous study can I get funding for Midwifery?

Hi I have used 2 years of funding for SFE. I didn’t complete my degree, I have since attended college for an access course and I have been offered a place for midwifery through clearing. I had already submitted an application for 23/24 for a level 4 healthcare practice with SFE would allow me maintenance loan but not pay tuition fees. When I was applying for my ALL I was told that midwifery is an exception course. I have since changed my application to midwifery but it says it can take six to confirm any changes. The problem is on my offer for the uni it says I have to tell them within 14 if I no longer want my place, or I will be liable to pay the tuition fees if it’s after this time. Will SFE pay my tuition fees or have my dreams come to an end here ?
Original post by Cjordan25
Hi I have used 2 years of funding for SFE. I didn’t complete my degree, I have since attended college for an access course and I have been offered a place for midwifery through clearing. I had already submitted an application for 23/24 for a level 4 healthcare practice with SFE would allow me maintenance loan but not pay tuition fees. When I was applying for my ALL I was told that midwifery is an exception course. I have since changed my application to midwifery but it says it can take six to confirm any changes. The problem is on my offer for the uni it says I have to tell them within 14 if I no longer want my place, or I will be liable to pay the tuition fees if it’s after this time. Will SFE pay my tuition fees or have my dreams come to an end here ?

Hi there,

You can advise the university that you are waiting for the application to be processed and they may be able to extend their deadline for you. You should be eligible for the Tuition Fee Loan, Maintenance Loan and any applicable grants, as the Midwifery course is an exception to previous study and equal level qualification rules.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi there,

You can advise the university that you are waiting for the application to be processed and they may be able to extend their deadline for you. You should be eligible for the Tuition Fee Loan, Maintenance Loan and any applicable grants, as the Midwifery course is an exception to previous study and equal level qualification rules.

Thanks, Clare

Can you also help me with this… excepted update may 2024. IMG_0632.png I need to apply for bursary in order to cover childcare costs but can’t do so until finance is approved.
Can you also help me with this… excepted update may 2024. IMG_0632.png I need to apply for bursary in order to cover childcare costs but can’t do so until finance is approved.

Hi Cjordan25,

The expected update is incorrect. When did you submit the application? have you sent any evidence recently for the application?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi Cjordan25,

The expected update is incorrect. When did you submit the application? have you sent any evidence recently for the application?

Thanks,
Claire

Application submitted back in April for previous course, I updated application on the 21st August and re uploaded all the evidence required but although they are there is still says the section is not completed.
Application submitted back in April for previous course, I updated application on the 21st August and re uploaded all the evidence required but although they are there is still says the section is not completed.

Hi Cjordan25

What was the update on the 21st of August? Can you confirm what evidence this was also? It will show as outstanding until it is reviewed.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 6
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Cjordan25

What was the update on the 21st of August? Can you confirm what evidence this was also? It will show as outstanding until it is reviewed.

Thanks, Clare

Change of course from health care practice to midwifery

Evidence was child benefit letter and 3 birth certificates for my children
Change of course from health care practice to midwifery

Evidence was child benefit letter and 3 birth certificates for my children

Hi Cjordan,

Our current timescales are approximately 26 working days, with subject to change depending on our current volumes. If this was received on the 21st of August, you would expect an update around the 28th of September. Please monitor your account around that date.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending