The Student Room Group

most useful a levels

I want to do a levels but am not sure which ones are the most useful because I've looked round some sixth forms and some places only let some students take 4 subjects while others take 3 subjects (think it is to do with AS levels coming to an end). Understandably 4 a levels would be a lot of content and hard work so I'm not sure whether to take biology or maths as my third option as i know i want to study chemistry and psychology for definite.
I am hoping to go to university and study a field of psychology
If I'm able to take all 4; Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Psychology i will but incase i need to take 3 what subject would be more useful:

Maths or Biology?

Also, if anyone is currently taking maths or biology, what are the subjects like in terms of difficulty and content?
Original post by emmac0
I want to do a levels but am not sure which ones are the most useful because I've looked round some sixth forms and some places only let some students take 4 subjects while others take 3 subjects (think it is to do with AS levels coming to an end). Understandably 4 a levels would be a lot of content and hard work so I'm not sure whether to take biology or maths as my third option as i know i want to study chemistry and psychology for definite.
I am hoping to go to university and study a field of psychology
If I'm able to take all 4; Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Psychology i will but incase i need to take 3 what subject would be more useful:

Maths or Biology?

Also, if anyone is currently taking maths or biology, what are the subjects like in terms of difficulty and content?

Check the entrance requirements

Which one do you enjoy?
Which one will you get the highest grade in?

Both have their own uses and you should check if he unis you are applying to have a preference. If they are both equal then whichever you enjoy and will get the best grade in.

https://university.which.co.uk/advice/a-level-choices/what-a-levels-do-you-need-to-study-psychology

https://www.dldcollege.co.uk/study-psychology-at-university/

Quick Reply

Latest