The Student Room Group

What is your favourite branch of biology?

So things like biochemistry, microbiology, genetics etc.

Mine is zoology, specifically learning about animal behaviour and cognition :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Mushroomology, specifically eating mushrooms
Reply 2
molecular biology
Genetics
Reply 4
Evolution. I don't really remember learning it in school (I never did A Level biology) but now I find it fascinating.
Reply 5
Oncology- specifically the tumour micro-environment and imunno-oncology
(edited 6 years ago)
Structural/molecular biology
A twig
Reply 8
Human anatomy (if that counts) and the molecular mechanisms of these different systems.
Original post by T0mas
Mushroomology, specifically eating mushrooms

That would be mycology, but only if you really study them as well as eating them.
Synthetic biology for me.
Ecology! Especially the practical work it involves
Microbiology, specifically actinomyces and the much neglected archaea. In terms of analysis, genomics/omics or phylogenetics.
Ugh I hate biology although I did enjoy learning about photosynthesis
1. Immunology
2. Cancer Biology
3. Synthetic Biology
4. Genetics
5. Microbiology

I hate Ecology with a passion.
Molecular cell biology and pharmacology I suppose. So cell signalling and the signalling cascades present within cells.

My 1st year Adaptation and Diversity module was a disaster though embryology was somewhat interesting.

Original post by Notnek
Evolution. I don't really remember learning it in school (I never did A Level biology) but now I find it fascinating.

Whenever someone christian discovers I'm an atheist, I get quizzed about aspects of the theory I don't know so now I dislike it.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Kvothe the Arcane
Whenever someone christian discovers I'm an atheist, I get quizzed about aspects of the theory I don't know so now I dislike it.

Haha I know that feeling :smile:
Original post by Notnek

Evolution is one of my favourites too! I was very close to doing a degree in Evolutionary Biology at Exeter :tongue:
Zoology

Animal lover

I like learning about animal behaviour, their distribution and the conservation of endangered species.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 19
Genetics and Microbiology.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending