The Student Room Group

A Level subjects

Hi all,

On the basis of future profession, I am very much interested in psychology; more specifically forensic psychology or something similar. So far the A levels I have opted to take are psychology, biology and English Literature, however I am questioning whether a slight alteration may be due. I feel that taking biology, psychology and sociology could be a better choice, as in sociology there is an entire unit on crime and deviance. Are these three subjects well suited, or will I struggle will the content?

Thank you.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 1
Consider Psychiatry? but that will be the medicine route
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by HARR1
Consider Psychiatry? but that will be the medicine route

Why are you suggesting that? Psychiatry is a branch of Medicine, so would require a different set of subjects, specifically Chemistry. The OP's interests appear to lie in the area of Psychology :smile:
If you want a job in Psychology, do Maths, Physics/Bio and Chemistry if you want to go to medical school and actually have good job prospects.
If you don't like the idea of studying too hard, just do English Literature, Drama and Geography.
Your life is not yours to plan. Even if you feel that you have evaded all obstacles necessary for a balance between not overworking and having a good life, just so you know life is still gonna throw s*** at you. 6th form is only 2 years. Pick a subject that you think you'll succeed in, or not feel too bad about failing.
If you want to be unemployed, that's also fine. Just remember that your parents/loved ones will be disappointed in you. Don't worry too much about 6th form. Just figure out what you want.

Quick Reply

Latest