The Student Room Group

I want to ask a question about STEP

I want to apply for cambridge for maths, do i need to take STEP in the first year or in the second year? Do most cambridge maths offer holders take STEP in the first year and write it in thier personal statement?
Thanks.
Original post by hahaha2333
I want to apply for cambridge for maths, do i need to take STEP in the first year or in the second year? Do most cambridge maths offer holders take STEP in the first year and write it in thier personal statement?
Thanks.

You normally sit STEP after you get an offer alongside your A-Levels.
Reply 2
Original post by hahaha2333
Thanks.

STEP actually means Sixth Term Examination Paper. So you (usually) sit it in the last term of Y13... ie at the same time as your other A-levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Doonesbury
STEP actually means Sixth Term Entrance Paper. So you (usually) sit it in the last term of Y13... ie at the same time as your other A-levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't that Sixth Term Examination Paper?
Reply 4
Original post by MR1999
Isn't that Sixth Term Examination Paper?

Indeed. :smile:

Edited.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some people might do step I in year 12 but if you get an offer it will include grades in step II and III in year 13.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending